Olympics 2024

A run down of the skateboarding schedule at the Olympics.

I’ll be trying to watch other sports because it’s high level competition and I’m not going to see it any other time. Definitely down to see what the breakdancing will be like.

5 Likes

I was in Buadpest recently whilst the Olympic QS was on. The skate physio spot was in the same hall as the breakdance warm up zone.

Fuck me…just watching them stretch was incredible. Toes pointed one way, chest the other. Mad.

1 Like

Thinking of having a BBQ next Saturday as it’s my birthday and the idea of chucking the TV outside and watching Olympic skateboarding at the same time to see how interested my non skater friends would be has made me giggle. Would they me interested as it’s the Olympics?! What a strange time to be alive.

3 Likes

There’s a shit joke in there about 11am and young skaters.

Will try and catch what I can. Should bang it into my calendar. Olympics or not the standard of skateboarding is completely messed up.

I’ll catch the skateboarding highlights after.

I’m dying to see the cringefest of the breakdancing though. Cant wait.
Do all the folks around the outside still go ‘Oooohhhhhhhh’ and do that thing where they hold the back of their hand to their mouth like they’ve just done a burp. I hope so.

5 Likes

If you turn off the music it looks weird. Like floor gymnastics mixed with aggressive dancing

3 Likes

Need moves like this.

IMG_1621

2 Likes

No, you need moves like this

2 Likes

Breakdancing is an Olympic sport? Missed that one. Really hope Claire Balding does the commentary

3 Likes

IMG_1623

1 Like

Tbf this is how the normies react to skateboarding being in the olympics.

5 Likes

If it isnt presented like this or on some cardboard on the floor it isnt legit :smile:

1 Like

And now onto freestyle rap. Rap of course being one of five elements of hip hop being competed for here today

Not without controversy, accusations that the coveted gold rope chain is in fact hollow have dogged this competition… etc

7 Likes

My honest concern is that breakdance for me (like skating) is freedom of expression, so I’m not sure how they are going to score or perform it? Will the breakers need to perform staple moves like in figure skating?

Haha. I love watching people breakdance. Long time since I’ve been to hip hop nights, but watching people decent at breakdancing is amazing.

Next up after the rap - turntablizm :sweat_smile:

1 Like

1 Like

Sounds like the judges have a cross fader heh

If luge and stuff like that is in which realistically hardly anyone can do it’s cool they’re opening it up more. Why not.

1 Like