On / Of

Yeah you don’t accidentally run a competitor’s brand on a clip you know will be talked about unless there’s something behind it

Maybe contract is winding up and YOLO

3 Likes

Only watched it once - and probably should check - but was that not another Poets person in that shot?
He has a couple of riders.

My immediate thought was “Wonder who that is?”

If it is then they’re doing a good impression of Gino with the same outfit he wears most of the time, same length hair etc.

Meh, we’re skateboarders and we care about clothes. Nothing to be ashamed of for being curious.

Just hoping I can own some Gino adidas some day.

Even the way Gino walks has inspired people.

3 Likes

You’re not interested in this?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CE7Vul_HswS/

1 Like

His output has been pretty shit for several years

Actually like over a decade

4 Likes

Last stuff I remember was a few clips in Pretty Sweet.

Has he put anything out for FA?

He had that back 3 out of a kerb clip a few months back.

I love Gino, sucks he never put more out.

Lest we forget. The Nollie Heel on flat, and the Back T at the end of the line Nollie Bs Heel, switch fs 180.

I think I was to young for peak Gino, so have never really understood the massive love for him.

Edit: was typing that before post above. Will watch that Chocolate video now.

Watch the above.

Peak Gino was truly brilliant, I’ll always be a fan of his skating from back then, he is milking it now though. I don’t think anyone would expect 10 minute multiple song parts or anything, just quite a bit more than he’s currently putting out.

2 Likes

Me neither, and I hadn’t even watched this thing (whatever it is) but I still do care about what he’s done.

What he does now seems pretty low-key and doesn’t distract me from the good shit, unlike all the dudes out there milking it.

1 Like

How? He’s barely doing anything. As you said. If companies want his name on their shit, good for him.

You and Les should self-isolate together you freaks.

3 Likes

So not doing anything means you’re not milking it? You’ve lost me there. Of course it’s good for him, that doesn’t really mean all the fans of his past career won’t be disappointed by his output though.

1 Like

So are Stan Smith and Fred Perry.

Lewis has a pretty sizable non-merc car collection but he’s on about getting rid because of the environment.

I’m assuming riding for Nike isn’t Gino’s main source of income, nor is he going through several pairs of dunks a week like I’d imagine people who skate regularly are. No skin of Nike’s nose to send him a few boxes a month or let him pick what he wants from what gets delivered to his shop?

This is how I feel.

Yeah of course, it’s hardly comparable. And I’m sure those dudes weren’t wearing Nike.

I think I maybe miss a lot of Gino stuff, I thought he was super low-key these days.

Pretty easy to do since he’s a millionaire and there’s insanely high performance electric cars which he can afford.

Good on him though.