On / Of

Never been a fan of sequence covers. Turning the Four Star tee around too (for money incentives I know but still).

3 Likes

BGP inconsistency in that one too.

2 Likes

TWS was so good at that time but yeah, totally agree about sequence covers. Although the Sidewalk Penny cover in similar colours was a good one.

1 Like

Zing! One of my fave photos ever. Even sicker as Lance took it.

1 Like

I prefer Shmatty’s

4 Likes

To be honest, though I know you’re not a combo/tech fan, I’m very surprised anyone would not include Guy in any arbitrary ‘post 40’ yardstick of standards. Prior to his Instagram hiatus I’d say he was second only to Daewon in terms of still progressing as an elder street skater.

1 Like

Confused, do you mean second only to Daewon in posting Instagram clips terms? Because I’d say there’s more than just two over 40 year olds that have it them to put out another good part.

Oh god yeah, plenty of over 40’s have it; certainly far too many to mention. TBH being over 40 isn’t really an excuse unless somebody is actively looking for one. Just look at Ron; skating as good as he ever has, if not better.

Just that Daewon is, in my eyes, the ultimate example of still progressing despite age. Obviously not everyone is a fan of the smith laser or the noseblunt heelflip body varial kinda stuff Guy was doing but he was still breaking boundaries (however distasteful) and pushing what was considered possible.

2 Likes

Cool, I wonder if Guy had no real place left to go (already doing so much), that he was kind of forced down that route by wanting to still be progressive and doing newer stuff, with his style of skating? Which should be admired.

*less can be more, so much more.

I’d be happy with that in my 20s.

3 Likes

Because he’s nowhere near as productive as those people I mentioned. Apart from that guest trick in Dancing On Thin Ice and a last minute cameo crowbarred into Koston’s ‘Chronicles 3’ part, nothing comes to mind from him since Pretty Sweet - which was five years ago.

Er…

5 Likes

Pretty sweet was over eight years ago :wink:

He had the really good Berrics ditch part and then was killing it week in, week out on Insta. To be honest, given he was so obviously on such a tear up until recently, I thought it was universally assumed he was focusing his efforts on a full part.

Send Skateboards incoming…

That was doing my swede in.

1 Like

Nyjah doing his own thing? Team USA boards?

Jesus can you believe an actual professional company used that graphic on their socials. I know element don’t have the best designers but fuuuuuck me hahah

1 Like
2 Likes

Trying to think who Nyjah could realistically end up on. Like what would fit him. Plan B maybe? But thinking about it Birdhouse seemed the most logical fit. Would fit in well with the jock sort of vibe and pretty sure all of the the BH team have been quoted to say “send it” or “let’s go” at some point or another so it works.

Nike completes.

1 Like