On / Of

also see Chris Haslam

Before he went heavy metal jesus he was looking like he was influenced by how to skate with Craig Smedley

1 Like

I forgot Chris Haslem has a company now too, right?

How long till people go full punk and ride blanks as a FU to the “Industry”?

Wonder if Rowley has any intention of hooking up a team?

I got thinking the other day how social media could be so cool for pros to rep their local SOS say, as they are more likely to rep their paying, main sponsors in mags, video parts, ect but throw away clips skating in their local shop’s new tee would be rad. It seems like something that could have brought everything closer has actually driven everything apart even more in a lot of ways.

Can you order your own one off custom pro model off the internet yet for the same price as a Girl deck? On decent wood too?

I don’t know about the wood, but you can get your own board made for sure.

Choose your woodshop brand, size and shape, Upload your graphics and pay before 2pm and have your own custom deck delivered next day.

Yeah, sure you can get cruisers or ‘shaped’ boards too.

Slap pinch, Palace looking for outside investment???

I hope they don’t do this. Getting another investor in never works out for skate brands - just starts to dilute their image.

My totally inexpert advice if Palace are starting to feel the pinch is that they should either totally sell up (which isn’t probably realistic) or downsize. Get rid of some of their stores, make it much smaller again. Fuck turning it into a chain store name.

Supra of existing?

You’ve been lurking this morning.

Think it would hit Penny hard, as I can’t see Flip paying him fuck all.

Sole Tech have got a budget again.

Get Penny back on es and re-release the penny 2 in teddy bear brown!

3 Likes

Yes and no.

The stories I’ve heard are that Penny was well looked after in his hey day and years out of the limelight, had most of his money managed for him and is probably set for life.

I’ve heard different.

Heard that Jeremy Fox had been investing it into a savings fund or something for years.

Pretty clear he was completely disinterested in the financial side of things. Hope that’s true, basically national treasure status.

1 Like

Bit late on this one, but regarding those who lack board sponsors, remember Jake Johnson didn’t have one for a while, at least a year after Alien went as he said he just wanted one he could properly commit to- until Quasi came along.