On / Of

That video could easily have been 2 minutes and 54 seconds shorter.

1 Like

Felt weird. It looked like Don was auditioning to be a children’s television presenter at one point.

3 Likes

Mad max soletech shill confirmed.

Fixation on Plastics? As far as I know he moved from the south coast to Scotland (Edinburgh, I might be wrong about that, but it seems right), for work. Last sighting of him that I heard of was at a roller rink up there somewhere. I think he was roller skating with his girlfriend/ wife. That’s all I know…

2 Likes

I liked that etnies vid. Some of the freestyle moves made me want to try different stuff for the sake of having fun on my board, which is what it’s all about in the end, right? The 5050 180 fakie 5050 was crazy. Good to see Pierre-André on a skateboard too.

1 Like

I liked it too, it was cringey as fuck but I think they knew that and embraced it. Once you accept that it’s shite it’s easier to enjoy.

Exactly. It’s a fucking advert, not a vid we paid 40 quid for. I didn’t expect anything from it.

1 Like

I don’t know if I’m comfortable with being able to categorize any nerd who overdoes bonelesses and one foot manuals etc as ‘creative’. This forum is absolutely not guilty of this but the YouTube comments and Reddit comments suggest that this is a catch all term for people who got good at not skateboarding properly. [/backinmyday]

3 Likes

Bonelesses are always overdone and very unnecessary.

4 Likes

It’s all about Grosso’s run at Savannah Slamma though.

I’m so over all those bonelesses from flat into a bank or transition… Just ollie into it you fake hesh fool.

BA’s boneless lipslide or Smith on a rail was interesting.

associating andy anderson with ‘people who do bonelesses to try to look creative’ is akin to associating Tyshawn ‘with people who do big ollies to be in the Olympics’.
there’s no compulsion to be into AA but i’ve seen him skate in real life numerous times and his trickbag is insane.

4 Likes

He’s got a crazy level of ability. And let’s be real…Andy Anderson, no matter how good he gets as a skateboarder, is never going to be Gino or Tiago as a person…so he just has to be Andy. I love that about him.

3 Likes

What on earth are these shoes he’s wearing?

3,345 Likes, 52 Comments - Dane Burman (@daneburman) on Instagram: "🧙‍♂️"

They are absolutely foul!

That’s his shoe. It’s one of the original Etnies (maybe even from when they were originally called Etnics) shoes and is like an Airwalk Vic, which was one of the best shoes ever to skate in. Never skated those Etnies but I remember seeing them in shops…there was a version covered in skulls and a blue and yellow version I remember seeing. They weren’t as cool as Airwalk to me at the time :sweat_smile:

It follows his personal aesthetic which is a sort of tweaker’s version of ‘function over fashion’ - he talks about this in relation to his deck shape which has a justification for every bump and curve in the weird shape. It just sounds unnecessary to me but he’s all-in on it.

Makes total sense for him to back a high-top with a vulc sole and full lace saver.

3 Likes

Im sure he’s probably a nice guy but for some reason I can’t shake the idea that he probably eats his own scabs

5 Likes

He snakes everyone on the session if a camera is out. Just get that vibe.

Def deserves his own thread.

Isn’t it documented that he’s on the spectrum? I’m too lazy to Google it, and I don’t have particular taste for his style and trickbag either; but if he is we could all just be being brians to him for things that are in his mind totally correct.

Watched the nine club with him and changed my mind from ‘oh god you’re a kook’ to ‘probably won’t be hanging out with you but you’re alright’

:rofl:

Theres more before the time stamp and Jordan Thackeray gets mad love at the beginning too…

2 Likes