Palace thread

The collab no one was hoping for. I do love that Golf though.

1 Like

Thats the ultimate pisstake collab.

VW should be next.

I haven’t seen anyone in Evisu for 15years.

I fucking hate drum and bass MC’s

1 Like

I thought from what you were saying it was a car collab, Toyota Evisu or something. Evisu clothing is a blast from the past.

Not sure pilling into your mates sporty hatchback and bombing around town blasting sound system bangers still has the same edge when you’re all in your mid-late 30’s.

3 Likes

Two cans of pop, biscuits, king rizzlas and a big bottle of Dettol. Sorted…

The jacket has enough pockets for them and more.

These clothes are not aimed at us.

In would buy that in a flash.

I’m all for reliving your memories and all but I guess all this is saying is that the memories that palace are reliving are ones that are flimsy, material and ones that should be outgrown and not forced onto newer generations as a cool way to live and think. I have no idea where i’m going with this, just that I think Palace’s ethos or what I imagine is their ethos kinda makes me sad. But, I can just get over it as it does not affect me in the real world, i’m just talking for the sake of it.

Edit: Outgrown is the wrong word, but I can’t find the right one for now.

1 Like

So you’re all for reliving things that you like, but don’t like other people reliving things that maybe don’t relate to your own past then? Bit patronising?

Some people might think the things you used to be into should be outgrown. Different people like different things, and the folks at Palace are having loads of fun making loads of clothes that loads of people want to buy.

7 Likes

Can we just have this permanently at the bottom of the thread

2 Likes

Yeah, I could have just not typed anything but I chose to spout my thoughts. And yeah I agree it’s silly to say any opinion even if you understand that there is no wrong and right to any of it, it’s just that, opinion. We can argue all day about what is cool and what isn’t, I know this though, Palace is cool and I am not, so I can’t argue what is cool, all I can do is say what I think is lame to me. Palace talks to some people and not others, I think i’m generally boring so what I see is Palace being cool and selling it to newer generations of people some of who are weak and have no direction.
I can’t help that I feel fashion is one of the most pointless, fake and mindlessly poisonous areas of industry but, what would the world be like without it and who am I to say anything?
You can at least accept that I am one person with my own mind and it does not really matter what I think though surely? Patronising or not.

So bad, it’s all just fucking rotten. Who wears that shit?

The only thing I think of when I see Evisu is a young lad I used to work with years ago who was thick as fuck, 5ft tall, looked like a rat and spent probably over 15k on his VW Lupo which eventually had suicide doors. Utter madness, pointless and a waste.

Don’t tell me, I know, it was his money and he probably had a blast doing it all and he was probably a legend to his little crew. Great stuff, I get it.

2 Likes

I’ll be wearing the hooded jumper.

1 Like

I was hoping for Palace to use Bassman instead…

You could say exactly the same thing about music. It’s a pointless indulgence, some people care for it more than others, and sometimes it makes people feel good.

2 Likes