Palace thread

Having been to Harrod’s fairly recently I think it’s strange this collab hasn’t happened sooner.

1 Like

1 Like

There’s no end to the possibilities. Upbrand to something with more clout and heritage than you like Juve FC or Harrods and piggyback on that, or downbrand to something shit like Crocs to cash in on the massive customer numbers. Your real followers don’t judge, just laugh at you making money. Lev is a genius.

Not sure it’s genius, there are loads of companies doing it. It’s just meh to me. I find all this branding stuff really boring. I literally have zero desire to buy crocs, palace crocs don’t change that, I don’t think it’s in any way genius for palace to make camouflage crocs and even if I was gonna buy crocs I’d just buy basic crocs without stupid pin badge things.

#changemymind

Is anyone really that invested in what collabs they do or don’t do now? There’s been so many down the years that there’s probably been something for everyone by now. I liked the Harrods one for the ad alone, they could probably do a Lonsdale collab and someone would like it :man_shrugging:

Depends if you see his role as business owner being making as much money as possible for him and his team (genius) or keeping the brand ethos to what you want it to be (maybe not). I think it’s probably the former.

Yeah but every company is doing crossover collabs these days. It’s just boring.

Looking at the crocs Instagram page - yeah there’s a crocs Instagram and it has 1.2million followers wtf - they have done loads of ‘influencer’ brand collabs.

https://instagram.com/crocs

Palace are just another one on the list it’s a constant stream.

If it’s that easy, how come the other companies aren’t growing at the same rate as Palace in the same time? I’m not a Palace fan boy, I couldn’t care less to be honest as it’s not my thing, but I still think he’s good at making money and growing the company. I don’t think I ever said it was creative genius.

Feels pretty low stakes for Palace and more of a benefit to Crocs. Easy money for both I guess.

They’ve just got to avoid diluting the brand by doing one too many collabs

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s easy, you need to get into the position where you’re an influencer and then you need to keep your audience happy whilst you undergo the process of selling out.

They’re good at making money and they know how business works but the collabs aspect is boring to me.

I still like the adverts though, they’re funny, and I like seeing new Palace clothes/graphic designs and videos and all that. Just not into collabs.

6 Likes

100% getting those crocs

I had the last ones and did my best at feeling confident wearing them and not giving a shit.
But you’re still in Morrisons wearing crocs.

6 Likes

I try not to judge people but when I see someone in crocs I automatically know that the person is a twat. I’ve only met one person wearing crocs who wasn’t a twat and that was an 80 year old guy wearing them on the allotment next to ours. He was using them as summer wellies (which I guess is what they’re designed for).
I’ll put wearing sliders when you’re not at the beach in the same category. If you’re wearing socks with them too I’m fairly sure there’s a special place in hell just for you.

4 Likes

I’ve been rocking plain black Crocs with socks all winter and I’m loving it and I don’t care.

Wearing them with the heel straps down is unacceptable though.

3 Likes

They look fucking awful so they must be comfortable as hell otherwise why bother?

Socks on heel straps down for me

Crocs are banging

1 Like

Yer my Mrs rocks em she’s not a twat. Jus saying

100% flexed socks and sliders this year.

This is also needs purchasing. Still so hyped on my cricket bat and for its first outing in the spring!

1 Like

I thought the heel straps were there so they stay on during sex

12 Likes

Gone in less than a minute