Pasta

Fuck this thread.

4 Likes

Urgh ketchup? The sauce it comes with in the tin is more than enough you philistine.

1 Like

Not sure I’m ready to see a chicken broccoli and Nutella pasta recipe.

1 Like

He doesn’t add salt to the water, or oil, just a few skittles and some swarfega. Gives it a nice chemically texture.

1 Like

Eating it out of a shoe with a comb

2 Likes

I’ll have you know that when I make pasta by itself or as a precursor to something else I just use salt in the water.
I then use a bit of that salt/starchy water to add to whatever sauce I’m making for the pasta.

3 Likes

Bet you make a mean starch water bap

5 Likes

The starch really gives the after eights something to bind to

4 Likes

You put the pasta water in the sauce? What the actual fuck.

That’s actually legit

4 Likes

Yeah every time. I always pour a bit out into a mug before I strain the pasta, just so I can top up into the sauce if I need to. And always finish cooking the pasta in the sauce for a couple mins at the end.

Sauce on top of pasta is always wrong!

Not all of it, not much more than a spoonful. Alternatively if you’re using long pasta like spaghetti or tagliatelle, just pull it out of the water with tongs, straight into the sauce. The residual water that runs off should be plenty.

Also, if you’re using spaghetti for bolognese you’re doing it wrong. Spaghetti is for drier recipes, tagliatelle is what you want.

1 Like

Aye only a tiny bit though!

Love these tips, more please

How many of you add milk to your bolognese?

My wife just admitted this, and to her tom soup.

Edit: But only right at the end as it may split.

haha, it’s not a shameful admission it’s how it’s done!

Milk!!!

I’m ignoring this thread.

1 Like

Stop the world, I want to get off.

I do add a bit of natural yoghurt right at the end of pesto dishes to make it a bit creamy, it’s nice.