Podcasts worth listening to

Been enjoying this today.

Tony Wilson comes in at episode three and everyone’s recollections of him are pretty damn entertaining.

1 Like

good episode talking about preserving skate history

Late reply:
I think Jason (frozen in carbonite) and mark (other guy, familia skateshop affiliate) aren’t particularly well travelled, just really well versed via video and magazine.
Templeton was a jobbing filmer and contributed to filming yeah right, so I’m sure he’s done the rounds.
Patrick is definitely well travelled and discusses it quite often.

Overall though, crob and the nine club have had way more of an opportunity to travel the world and learn about/absorb skate culture. Crob just actively choose not too or perhaps just doesn’t care.

Yeah. Chris Roberts really seems like the type who’d go in the huff if he couldn’t get his McDonald’s and would laugh at the accents.

4 Likes

Haven’t listened to a Nine Club for mooonths but randomly decided to try the new Reynolds episode. Quite enjoyable. He’s such a top bloke.

2 Likes

He’s just quite thick and ignorant. Roger Bagley has to help him out so much, like on the Cab episode where Roberts didn’t even seem to be listening. The mistakes he makes make me think he really doesn’t give much of a fuck about anybody who comes on. I get that it was his idea so he’ll always host it or whatever, but Steezus and Roger have to conversationally bail him out too much.

I mean forgetting what the person you’re supposed to be interviewing has just said makes for difficult watching.

Being cluelessly amateurish, and ignorant to your guests? I’m not sure. American talk shows are a pretty big deal; lots of people watch them, the hosts are household names and they can make people stars.

Skateboarders only talking about skateboarding gets pretty boring so I’m glad they go off on tangents, but again, it always leaves Chris Roberts completely out of his depth.

Anyway, who cares, he’s got bright people around him, and Kelly Hart.

He comes across as a nice guy. I really enjoyed that part he put out where it was him just speeding around doing ollies and shuv it’s wearing shell toes.

1 Like

This went down quite well, if you want to know more about these things:

4 Likes

Is anyone listening to Today in Focus’ mini series about the Freshwater Five? Really fascinating case which I wasn’t familiar with before now. It’s quite like Serial in many regards. Very interested to hear about the result of the appeal.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/5FIEM39PNOubvEJAKsAXBx?si=_lkQHH7sSY2QvmDIKgFsYA&utm_source=copy-link

1 Like

I’ll give that a listen. It’s fairly local to me and so I was aware of the case. Also saw this on tv at some point -

It always seemed more than a bit sketchy. It looks like things might work out in the end though.

This one seems to be doing the rounds a lot of late as there are quite a few parallels with the skateboarding programs at big brands in here:

2 Likes

Just enjoyed listening to this…
Mat Lloyd talking to Helena Long.

Great one, Lenoce is really sound.
The Cyrus Bennett episode was weird, dude speaks really slowly and seems so depressed.
Started listening to the Marisa episode today, she’s just great.

Yeah, the Cyrus one was a snooze fest, I couldn’t make it through the EP.

1 Like

Definitely my favourite from this series.

1 Like

The Munson one is superb, also enjoyed Jon Weaver.

1 Like

TLB was a good one too.

Yeah, I’ve listened to a few of these. Solid.