Podcasts worth listening to

Latest Adam Buxton pod with Lee Mack is the best thing I’ve listened to in a while. Might give Mack’s pod a go as well now.

1 Like

For some reason, I just can’t get on board with Lee Mack.
I just get the vibes that he’s a vile, snide, little scrote.
An unfunny jeans and shoes pub bore wanker.

2 Likes

Really dislike him too. Always seemed massively out his depth on panel shows like HIGNFY.

“Ooh, I don’t know about boring politics, but who remembers square crisps?!”

3 Likes

I dunno, he seems pretty quick on panel shows. I kinda like him in a way.

1 Like

I wasn’t into him either for a long while but had a complete u-turn a few years ago, forget why now exactly but he’s cleverer than I’d previously given him credit for and very quick as you say.

I like him.

In a world of comedians pushing agendas or trying to go for shock value he’s keeping slapstick and puns alive.

3 Likes

His early stand up is very good.

Never watched one episode of his TV show ‘Not Going Out’, that’s in it’s 200th series or something, as it just looks terrible and everything looks like it’s geared towards a quick one liner. He is good on WILTY but sometimes he is looking for the joke in everything a bit to much. It’s a shame they (Lee and David Mitchell) have now used up all their best real anecdotes and have to rely on trying to convince others that the craziest, most unbelievable things have happened to them for laughs these days.
His stand up doesn’t hold my attention for long either but this story about him getting into stand up is actually funny…

But that’s Russell Howard’s entire career.

2 Likes

God now there is someone who is not funny, Russell Howard.

6 Likes

Yeah. Wouldn’t know what his patter’s like because his outfits are enough to know he isn’t going to be funny.

3 Likes

He dresses like a youth group leader at a small parish church. It’s really offputting.

Oddly specific I know.

3 Likes

I saw Russell Howard perform live many years ago and his set was pure filth!
So different to his TV jokes/ and persona.

Was it funny though?

Bet he did an impression of his mum.

2 Likes

Bet he talked about people having it off.

Hope it’s OK to say that here.

6 Likes

Normally comedians wouldn’t do that to the best of my knowledge but it seems as though he made an exception there!

Stewart Lee is obviously very funny, but I can’t help being disappointed by how badly he takes any perceived criticism of his own work. For someone who is happy to dish out it, he seems to react badly when anyone has a pop at him.

Tbf if Stewart Lee is taking down people like Russell Howard, Michael McIntyre and other unfunny fame hungry idiots then it’s completely just in my eyes.