Pointless Topics

There’s one in Camden that has two isles just for ramen. It’s so rad. Every time I go there I get at least 10 new ones I’ve never tried before, plus a multipack of these badboys:

Really spicy but I cook it without much water so it’s not so soupy, crack an egg into it once it’s all cooked and mix it through. Goopy deliciousness. Fucking love ramen.

There’s a Korean shop across the road which sells the world’s best Korean fried chicken sauce too. If I feel lazy I get some boneless chicken from KFC and have it with rice and that sauce.

6 Likes

Ah yes the ‘gourmet spicy’ - basically my standard lockdown lunch for the last year. I chuck a fried egg on top, delicious. They have them in my local Morrisons, would thoroughly recommend.

2 Likes

Do we need a ramen appreciation thread?

3 Likes

Is there a lunch thread like the old forum? There should be

1 Like

I think we had one just for @franc 's lunch. All too good for anyone else to contribute.

Cheers, Im operating on 4 hours sleep so completely forgot this existed

No excuse you fucking slacker.

3 Likes

witty retort

This sounds amazing, whereabouts? I’m SW so won’t be too far from me if/when this kinda thing operates again.

God tier.

1 Like

Alperton North circular/hanger lane. I’ll PM you the deets

1 Like

Clocks change a week on Sunday.

3 Likes

I believe it’s just an hour.

11 Likes

Just got through one of these, they’re rounded so they fit nice in the pan, yeah? And they are also hot as fuck, even if you don’t put in the gnarly tar-like sachet of whatever the fuck it is

2 Likes

What @BDF said is right. Asian supermarkets are the way forward. I have a general rule for finding rad shit:

• look around shelves for packaging that looks roughly like what you want
  • the less english and more unintelligible the packaging/instructions, the more tasty and ‘authentic’ it will taste
  • even stuff from cans is great. my mum uses it all the time, can’t read thai, just YOLOs it
6 Likes

Fucking hell. We need to be able to superlike or give gold on here.

The “world foods” aisle is pretty good in bigger supermarkets, too.
You can usually get most of the basics for half the price of the stuff in the other aisles.

1 Like

Finally redecorating the main bedroom end of the month and decided to get a head start and dismantle the built in wardrobe. All good until the final piece of wood and… yeah that’s the plaster pulled off. Ah well, guess we’ll be getting the room replastered too. :upside_down_face:

Do I need to add a load of MSG for that authentic taste or is it already preloaded?

1 Like