Pointless Topics

We should recreate the Grinding Down To The Axle thread on Slap

1 Like

Good idea but instead of skateboarding it’s just pictures of the grooves we’ve cut out of our sofas.

7 Likes

Stair carpets.

I’m thinking of doing a skate/filming mission in North Devon later in the summer with some of the Decimal boys.
I know of a few spots in Bideford, Barnstaple, Braunton and Ilfracombe.

I don’t suppose anyone is able to give me a heads up on some others? I’m kind of clutching at the few I do know, but I’m sure there are a few gems tucked away.

Looking for a cheap but decent iPhone tripod. Any recommendations? Ta.

Gorilla pods are pretty good, you can wrap em round posts as well as using them as tripods

3 Likes

there used to be a shit mini in Croyde.

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

I got a cheap one from AliExpress for about 6EUR delivered iirc

Took a while for delivery though, like 6 weeks

go to ilfracombe once a year, the skatepark is fucking sick and easily the best location for a park i’ve ever been to with a sick hidden beach right next to it. spots wise there is basically fuck all in ilfra apart from this slight kicker road gap in front of the cinema. i’ve never skated it but eyed it up loads of times and its banging

barnstaple skatepark is awful don’t go. there’s a skateshop there though so could be worth asking them for spots?

1 Like

That’s what I’m talking about! Thank you!
I’m in a similar situation as you, I’ve been going to Devon almost yearly since I was a toddler.

We’ll be staying near Woolacombe, so that’ll be perfect. Ilfracombe skatepark is amazing.
The stairs at the Landmark Theatre look like they’re decent enough, and I’ve always thought the sloped rocks there could have potential for some bank tricks.

1 Like

Just saw a tech support role advertised as ‘customer value architect’.

5 Likes

Never experienced thunder like that just now. My apartment shook like there was a nearby explosion.

i’ve wanted to shoot a photo of someone jumping the handrail at the landmark from the top of capstone since 2010 aha

yeah my wife’s dad lives in ilfracombe, such an odd place. when you thinking of going? not planned our trip this year yet to be fair, normally rope mates from torquay over for a skate but it’s still a bit of a mission from there really

2 Likes

Weirdly enough had a go on an e scooter this guy had before and I rode it goofy but skate regular!

1 Like

Got this photo of a mental thunderstorm we had in Leeds last week. Probably the craziest one I’ve ever seen since being young in the UK

10 Likes

We’re thinking of going in August or September, not 100% sure yet. I’ll keep you in the loop!

1 Like

I use a Gorilla pod and it’s good. I have a screw on phone holder which works well too, it’s adjustable loads of ways :+1:

2 Likes

Ordered one of these! Thanks @Mike and @BDF.

2 Likes

speak to Glenn who runs beatsworkin skate shop in barnstaple he will sort you out. he has a sick coffee bar in the shop too,

Beatsworkin, Queens street, Barnstaple EX32 8HJ

Tel. 01271 321111

2 Likes