Pointless Topics

Oddly enough just saw a 20 plate RS6 on the M4… looked pretty mean from the back lol

Talking of cars, anyone seen those ads for that Vauxhall hybrid suv-ish thing that runs 300bhp?

If you’re into that kinda shit look up ‘disaster capitalism’, and this book by Naomi Klein. It’s a tough read if you want to feel better about the world and it’s future haha. One of those ‘ignorance is bliss’ kinda things. Good to know, but bad for you.

1 Like

Did you whip you phone out in the bogs to take this?

Haha. I saw one of these today as well. I find it hard to believe any pants on the market could hold back my guffs.

1 Like

I don’t see that here, though. By and large the repsonses have been in line with the evidence and advice from people who actually know their shit.

I’ve read a couple of Naomi Klein’s books and seen Adam Curtis’s docs where he goes over a lot of the same ground and I agree with most of what they both have to say. However applying it uncritically and without evidence to the point where we just start calling out every single bad thing that happens as probably being a conspiracy is not the opposite of ignorance. And doing so means that all the actual shady shit can just carry right on in plain sight because it’s seen as normal.

1 Like

Don’t think the quotes are, since they aren’t attributed to anybody.

1 Like

We are hiring a Air cooled camper for a week in the summer for my 30th. Not sit screen newer then that but not t25.

My estate in better days

The new engine uses a turbo off of a saab as an upgrade. Current state of it

7 Likes

Oh don’t worry I seriously don’t think that corona virus has been manufactured to sell bog roll or anything haha. Just whilst we’re on the subject of what you suggested! You read shock doctrine then yeah? Took me ages to get through cos it was so depressing I could only read it on days I was in the mood!

1 Like

Yeah, I really struggle to stay optimistic and realistic at the same time and don’t read some stuff any more for my own sake. But I think the best truism I ever heard is that things never turn out as bad as you fear or as good as you hope.

3 Likes

your neighbours must love you. but that mini is fucking sick

2 Likes

Taco Bell :joy:

1 Like

it’s so fucking weird.

Nice! I always preferred the Clubman front to the original on minis.

hahaha always good when the most pinnacle pro has no problem taking the piss out of themselves. think he first really did it in Big Bro when he was happily involved in that washed up skaters feature

There was 2 at one point. In Windsor we had 3 at one point. It’s kept under a cover so normally looks a little neater.

Just caught up with this convo, I read it a while ago and felt the same as you and markg. Have you read this?

It’s a good companion to Shock Doctrine, equally eye-opening/depressing, it made me basically want to switch off the news, withdraw from society and skate curbs in ignorant bliss. Fuck arguing about the finer details of Brexit when we’re all fucking doomed anyway.

Wait till you read the second one, pretty much business as usual.

1 Like

I won’t bother, thanks…
Just trying to enjoy life in my bubble

1 Like

To keep the car convo going on, ahem…

I’m one of those idiot kids who bought an ‘old banger’ and I also have a modern, sensible daily.

The ‘old banger’ which is a Mk2 Fiesta needs work here and there, but it does fire up first turn of the key and drives really well for it’s age (it’s 30 odd years old now).

To echo what most classic car owners will say, despite the lack of safety devices these cars are fantastic in their bare bone nature.

Also; I did a run to Essex and back in it, doing 70-80 on the m4 would rattle the door cards haha. It’s not really made for motorway driving obviously, but oh man it makes those speeds feel like 130 or something.

1 Like

Really want a classic Impreza WRX again, maybe a 2000 or if I have some money one day a P1, those things were the shit. Had a 93 wagon that eventually went to Nick Zorlac I think, or one of his mates, a 99 UK Turbo, 2001 STI and 08 WRX. The UK Turbo was my favourite though. smelt weird and wouldn’t really go into 3rd but whatever