Pointless Topics

So outing one of the most revered skateboarders of all time as a racist isn’t that big a deal? Not sure about that.

I suppose we’ll have to wait and see, maybe you’re right and he’ll be treated like Corey Duffel all those years ago.

I think we’re already at the point where kids don’t know who he is. There will be a point when no one gives a fuck about Mike Carrol. Legends die and to be honest Ethan was never at that height, his legend can’t transition over decades. Skateboarding seems way more self driven now anyway. Sure there are kids that really appreciate history but they’ll be in a position where they are influenced by older generations they are in contact with. Kids/crews who are driven by the insta way just think short term ahead, not back.

2 Likes

Yeah , what was the last notable thing Ethan did? Art Bars in 2001? That’s long enough ago now for some kids who are getting into skateboarding to have not been born (cry’s internally).

It was a sick part and I loved that video but a 14 year old kid waiting for the latest Palace drop isn’t going to give two shits about 2001 era Foundation.

2 Likes

His That’s life part was his wind down goodbye by the way it was presented and that has to be 15 years old already, before some skaters were born.

Ethan Fowler won munster at 17 right? '94

Cataclysmic Abyss and a shared part in Prevent This Tragedy. My fav Ethan Fowler era tbh, skating to Electric Wizard and Sleep!!
Stayed at his house once CMOAC

1 Like

Does it have Snake?

2 Likes

Ha nice, I use the 3310 thingy and it’s a phone, simple. it only needs to be seen when it’s ringing or beeping.
It’s normal for me I guess as I have never had a phone that does any more than that.

Remember how phones were small and convenient to fit into your pocket? Now, they’re slowly evolving back into bricks again?

I like the idea of just having a phone, like a phone that does what it’s designed for and nothing else. A bleeding phone.

I had a website that told you all they keys to press to make your own ringtones. Trading The Next Episode and Freestyler got me a decent amount of smokes in school haha

1 Like

The first time I have ordered a deck online that I plan to skate and it’s really poorly made. I have always bought brands that use Watson’s when possible so past load have been Toy/Foundation but I ordered a foundation team board just because I wanted a specific size and the graphic was not important as it will be covered. The deck is nice wood but finished so badly, barely routed on the sides and wonky sanding. No idea why i’m posting this, I just got the sander out myself and finished it.

1 Like

Time to learn how to drive?

haha

Fuck no!

1 Like

Thinking about it, I maybe should have bought a pro board for the extra few quid, they may finish or even have the cheaper team boards made elsewhere.

Not sure if this related to Covid19, (I work for a high end office furniture company) and we are selling a shit load of Chairs online, people are all working from home.

2 Likes

Alien Workshop. There’s a definitely difference in the quality of the generic and pro boards.

I have the Nokia 3310 reissue as my work phone. IT described it as a mid range phone, does the job for when I’m on call knowing I don’t have to worth about keeping the thing charged

Am sure a really mediocre web clip called ‘COVID19’ will be imminently released by some random skate crew with really shitty trap music

4 Likes