Pointless Topics

thats a whole other thing in itself, I’ve started leaving my laptop at work and having screen free evenings half the week to try and fix my brain.

Yes!

No and let’s never talk about wine again unless it’s in dedicated thread which I can safely ignore. :smiley:

4 Likes

When this all started I had a sense that falling in to drinking too much could easily happen so I went the other way and have pretty much quit. Two at most on Friday and Saturday and nothing in the week. Even just having one coffee in the morning and then decaff for the rest of the day. Find I’m just not arsed about it at all.

4 Likes

Yeah me and wife fell into the constant wine buzz in evenings trap for first month of lockdown. But then realised and had a word with ourselves as that had become new normal. I think when we get used to it not drinking will be a new normal and will be just fine.

Said it before but a good zero alcohol beer really does help scratch the itch.

2 Likes

I’ve drank a lot but never been drunk (in lockdown).

Pregnant wife makes it easier not to drink much.

I’ll have 2 bottles of beer in a night and a bottle of wine over 2 evenings.

Beer in a large wine glass is the best. Makes you feel like you’re in a poncy belgian cafe.

2 Likes

Old tv show sets to use as zoom call backgrounds, this one for me I think:

1 Like

got pissed on friday but apart from that i’ve been on the zero percent beers for 3 weeks now, was feeling pretty honking and bloated after having 4-6 beers (most days, sometimes loads) every day for a month straight compared to normally only drinking thursday - sunday

tbh the 12 days i did prior to last friday is the longest i’ve gone without a beer in years, feeling pretty good atm

I’ve got a box of 12 bottles in my shed. Most likely have half tonight, half tomorrow, then nothing until next Friday… if I get out and get some more.

Which I no doubt will.

Edit: 12 bottles of beer that is. :roll_eyes::nauseated_face:

Honestly, I have had a couple of rum n cokes and 2 cans of cider since lockdown. Not had the urge to drink at all.

I’m ten days away from not having a drink for a year :weary: lockdown has be tough. Just wanted to see if I could do it, almost there.

7 Likes

Good work.
You going to celebrate with a lambrini or keep going?

2 Likes

I’m not sure yet… we’ll see, haha.

1 Like

I bet you’ve been rinsing the psychedelics instead?!

microdosing wed morning when I go to work ha

3 Likes

I went a month sober but since then I’ve completely lost the plot and feel awful. I’ve just poured my remaining wine away and am going to make another go of quitting.

3 Likes

I went through February and March without drinking but lockdown triggered something that has had me drinking a few beers.

Not had a drink for about 20 years, can’t say I miss it. Maybe did at first, I dunno, but I’m a stubborn git.

5 Likes

Dunno if it’s just bad luck but I feel like every single bottle in the shop/restaurant I used to check on Vivino was always only a 3.3-3.5 out of 5. I.e it’s not really helping me pick out a good one. Am I being a mong and you can do it other way round and it tells you what the 5/5 ones are?

I can’t stand to watch skaters who tuck in their tops, especially shirts. Shuch a weird look to have really short top half, really long looking legs with the ankles showing and especially topped off with a rolled above the ear beanie.

4 Likes