Pointless Topics

I was meant to be interviewing him but he’d only do it by email. I sent him two questions to start with and he said that one had already been answered, and he didn’t understand the other one. So that was that.

Context?

Oh I follow that, isn’t that someone here? That’s a 180 switch 5-0. If you did a switch 180 it’d be a 5-0. Therefore the opposite is also true. Who the fuck calls that a nose grind, dumbasses

1 Like

Dunno but I think this dude lurks, at the very least. Amazing account:

https://instagram.com/bygoneblighty?igshid=1lcfopyqypti1

Also Ricky’s still goin’ over on that switch 180 5-0 post.

Is that actually Ricky Oyola? You’d think he’d know better

he’s a bit aggy isn’t he

Nope. Fred is regular.

1 Like

So it’s a switch 180 5-0? Either way it’s not a nose grind nor a switch nose grind nor a fakie nose grind

1 Like

but if he skated goofy itd be a 180 fakie nosegrind

1 Like

Get out!

But shoebill is 100% correct :man_shrugging:

1 Like

You call 180 fakie nosegrinds 180 switch 5-0s? Wtf.

1 Like

So if he popped a 180 off the end of the grind would that be a switch 180 or a nollie 180 because in your language he’s on his “nose”? If you 180 up a curb into a manual are you doing a fakie nose manual now?

Just a 180 out/revert or flip out or shove out or whatever. It doesn’t need to be specified.

When have you ever seen this trick captioned in any skateboarding media ever as anything other than a 180 fakie nosegrind?!

Fakie nosewheelie, but yes. Of course.

1 Like

it would just be a 180 out, I wouldnt call a nosegrind revert a ‘nosegrind nollie 180 out’ or a switch 5-0 180 out a ‘switch 5-0 switch 180 out’

Fair points I suppose. So if I nollie up a ledge and land on the bit of my board I popped from it’s a nollie nose grind, but if I fakie ollie up a ledge and land on the bit of board I popped from its a fakie five-0? Seems a bit contradictory but then I guess I now have controversial views on trick naming

fakie is just regular stance but going backwards.
A fakie frontside 180 turns the same way as a switch backside 180,
but its a fakie frontside 180 because in regs stance it is a front 180.

Yeah I 100% agree with you on that

Always and forever a 180 nosegrind

image image image

2 Likes