Pointless Topics

1 and 2 at least look nose grindy, 3 and 4 look five-0-y

Agreed the Ed one isn’t the best photo, he’s definitely had better documented ones. 3 is on a rail so maybe a bit of leeway on the angle (let’s not stray into a bs overcook debate as well)

1 Like

Ahahaha yeah. I think at this point I’m just being fasicious anyway

1 Like

frontside 180 nosegrinds always look more ‘5-0y’ because of opening up your shoulders , i would say both those photos they are going to fakie too.
back 180 nosegrinds always look more twisted up (thats why they look/feel so nice) those 2 photos also look like theyre probably gonna come back round to regs

1 Like

Switch 180 to 5-0 is correct.
180 fakie nosegrind is correct.

All other answers are wrong.

5 Likes

Full marks.

The inconsistencies bother my ocd

What is a nollie to 5-0 called when it’s done the opposite way?

It’s not a fakie ollie to switch 5-0 it’s a fakie ollie to fakie nosegrind.

Not everything is named the same when done the other way.

And that bothers me

It’s all to do with the order to when they were made. No such thing as switch but there was fakie and nosegrinds when the 180 fakie nosegrind was named. However you could think that that the switch version would later take the same name, but no, you would revert to the foremost named trick if you’re going from switch back to regular during the trick.

1 Like

I know it’s a total bumshot but this Mike York photo is one of my favourite skate photos ever. It looks like he’s going 200mph and you can HEAR it when you look at it. So good.

7 Likes

that back foot :heart_eyes:

1 Like

top 3 pics of all time for sure, no idea how he’s even grinding it mind you it’s horrendously rounded

1 Like

Another one for you @navitronic

What’s the name of this trick:

Cancel your career to social media out.

4 Likes

That’s a fakie ollie to tailslide

Fs or bs

fakie backside tailslide

2 Likes

1 Like

OK you’re both correct but it wasn’t a quiz for you so zero marks.