Pointless Topics

Noseslide transfer.

Could be an Escher noseslide (Escherslide)

1 Like

Ooo I like that

I hate that people just bend the rules for fakie front crooks.

10 Likes

@Spanky has been showing some serious dedication to shit-talking for what, 25 years now?

To resurrect this debate. I know I’m wrong according to convention, but I agree the trick should be termed fs. It seems to me like we have normalised conflicting rules for our nomenclature and the contradiction in the naming of this trick is used as a way to patronise younger skaters who dare speak up about this. I say RISE UP! Cast off the shackles of history, call it fs. Care not what the older heads say, they won’t be at the skatepark to correct you anyways!

1 Like

Sorry but if it’s frontside then it’s also a noseslide. A snollie front noseslide.

1 Like

ok so what is it if you fakie ollie to tailslide with your backside to the ledge? The total opposite of what we’re talking about. This makes the argument so much more clearer because you cannot argue that you are not in a frontside tailslide, you can’t even start to argue that it’s backside. So with that said, both are frontside tailslides?
Nope, the former is backside. Case closed.

bad vid example but you can visualise it from it.

Fucking hell man totally forgot about that. Must’ve been about 1992

Cover says 2005?

3 Likes

Radlands was closed by then.

1 Like

Yeah that was a joke.

2 Likes

Though it did close in 2004 so depending on the month the letter went in, haha.

For me that’s the rule. Whether you are facing away/towards the ledge determines the fs/bs rule. It has little to do with what happens on the ledge. But I get that fakie is complicated. For me though the ‘fakieness’ of the name is determined by calling it a tailslide. In actuality you’re landing on what would be your nose…

1 Like

U wot m8

1 Like

the trick I explained is a frontslide tailslide, just got into via fakie, you can’t change the name of an actual trick based on what way your arse is facing.

He means it would be the nose if it was regular and it was frontside. Neither of those are true though.

1 Like

I’ll just leave these here…

this.
i’m surprised this is up for debate.