Pointless Topics

Going by the market and the pub behind them, I see Peppa and her family were in Soho.

5 Likes

Nice one! Would be very down to take any i havent got, would pay for postage obvs

1 Like

My local newspaper really irritates me. Due to the decline in print and not being able to employ enough journalists or even people with knowhow the paper has resorted to syndicated editorial inserts that are really out of place. You’ll have some local dosser on one page moaning about something and news about assaults and robberies sat beside a country living style article about getting the most out of your AGA.

Another trick they play is the memories page, it used to be one page once a week, now it’s several everyday. They trawl through their photo archives from real photographers bitd and snap a photo on their phone and chuck it to print, it’s really fucking bad, from the formatting, the over-cropping using the same shot 2 or 3 times by including the throwaways, but worst of all is the cunt who snaps them on his phone, in a lot of articles you can see his shadow holding the phone up to the photo, the only time you don’t see it is when the photo is too glossy or dark in which case he’ll take the photo from a 45° angle skewing the image. No use of a negative scanner or even a scanner. And DPI doesn’t exist, that 50 pixel RGB web image is spread across a half page. I could rant forever about all the basic shit they do wrong but no amount of telling them will get them to fix it.

1 Like

For people on other forums (maybe guitars?) do people appear on there all like, “New guitar company!” and it’s just Squire Stratocasters with something else painted on them? Is it just much easier to attempt when it’s skateboards?

6 Likes

Not so much branding but theres definitely a trend (among arseholes) to take a production guitar, mash it up, then try to sell it as “reliced” with a 50% inflated pricetag.

They also assume that anything old must be valuable so try charging the same as a pristine version with “player grade, mojo, tonez, vintage vibes” and expect to make thousands.

The guitar forums are pretty good but generally hold an intense hatred for “wives who can never approve guitar purchases”, “blooz lawyers” who can afford to buy expensive guitars, Joe Bonamassa and John Mayer. And people who play PRSs because theyre awful

2 Likes

Yeah, but do they slate each other for the cut of their trousers?

2 Likes

Addicted to Geoguessr Country streaks and can’t get past 5 in a row! Getting 5 regularly but the next one is a stinker where you just have a dirt track and nothing else.
Not stoked, but I love it.

Finding so many insane skatespots!

Wish I had screengrabbed the swiss one near Nord last night.

Not decided where this one is yet, I’m feeling Czech rep, or Hungary, that area ish.

It’s in Slovenia

2 Likes

You’d probably enjoy this.

7 Likes

That’s a spot!
One for Banskaters archives (wankbank)

1 Like

Dude, theres probably cobbles in front. I’m not stopping the car.

3 Likes

haha, how many times has that been said? too many probably.

Looks wet.

1 Like

speaking of spots i’ve been racking my brain trying to remember/find footage of this one spot that appeared in a couple of videos in the last year or two. might be in sf, basically it’s this pretty rough looking large bank that then goes straight up into another bank/wall almost, pretty skinny spot too. can remember seeing a bs noseblunt on it and maybe some sort of handplant, sure guys got towed in to it too. coulda swore zane timpson or someone else in that awaysted crowd skated it but i cant find it.

Hendrix High, Seattle??

1 Like

you legend, cheers lad! now to find where the footage of it was.

I’m pretty sure its the ender for some absolute mosher on Welcome wearing Fos-jeans with a mohawk years ago… that might be the noseblunt

BMXers on that thing is madness.

It was Nick Garcia who did the noseblunt. Maybe in the last element vid?

Nolan Johnson does a back boneless on it wearing a crud flap haha sure that’s who you’re thinking of