Pointless Topics

I’ve never sent anything abroad before, let alone two VX1s going to Germany for repairs haha.

Anyone got any particular courier to use or anything? I did see this being a thing discussed on the ‘Not Stoked’ thread funnily enough.

VX Doctor? Aka Brownie from MK? If so, he often comes back to the UK for a few weeks.

2 Likes

try parcelmonkey.com

you’ll need scales so you can estimate weight. best to get a quote once it’s packed up. the smaller the volume it takes up the better, but will need plenty of lightweight packaging

1 Like

Don’t estimate it, or ParcelMonkey will charge your card at some random point in the future if you’re wrong.

Yeah, but he’s stuck out in Germany at the moment and now is the best time for me to send the cam, see.

1 Like

Yeah, I meant like, weigh it and if it’s 1900g then put weight as 1999g to take account of shipping labels etc. Never stick exact weight, always stick a little bit over what your package is.

Shiner opening up (relocating to?) in Europe then.

Guess that’ll make things easier for getting US goods over here post-Brexit.

Just deleted a couple of posts from the covid thread. Just in case the guy I was referring to looks at this forum.

I don’t want to fall out with friends, I can see his positive sides outweigh the negative.

2 Likes

Someone should talk to him about it maybe.

Go on.

Saw this comment on a clip of Ed T’s part from Suffer the Joy and it’s ruined my morning.

2 Likes

This looks interesting, (or pretentious depending on your viewpoint). Sort of like a larger format North mag. I don’t expect we’ll see it distributed widely in skateshops here, but I could see it popping up in Palomino. Incidentally, they have hit their target and so it’s (probably) going ahead.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/allenying/43-magazine

43 isn’t new.

2 Likes

Here’s one here:

1 Like

Yep, been around for nearly ten years…doh! That would explain the 2011 date on the preview copy in the video. My bad, as they say.

Edit: you know what, thinking about it now it sort of sounded vaguely familiar. I think I even picked up a copy or two from somewhere or other and that’s definitely going back a good few years now.

Was looking for a wanted stuff thread but couldnt find one so will just post here.

Trying to fill some gaps in my Sidewalk collection, i need numbers -
1-26, 28, 35-39, 42-51, 58, 61, 80, 82, 83, 132, 133, 139, 140, 142, 151, 172, 176, 178, 182, 186, 210, 215

Not ever expecting to get the early ones but would be nice to fill as many gaps as possible.
Anyone got any out there they dont want??

Earlier ones appear on eBay all the time because they’re the ones that people kept, I reckon.

I seem to have lost these somewhere along the way, so likewise, if anybody wants to sell these I’m as PayPal-ready as I’ll ever be.

February 2007 (125)
March 2007 (126)
September 2007 (132)
December 2008 (147)
January 2009 (148)
June 2009 (153)
August 2009 (155)
November 2013 (206)
December 2013 (207)

I had a load of doubles but gave them away a while back when moving house, no doubt some of those wouldve been in there :woman_facepalming:

Completes for grown up people just starting.

Is there any better value than these from Slam?

My neighbor next door was gonna buy her husband a shit cheap one for Amazon so I saved him from that. Was gonna send over a whole shopping list for a good rig but it will be expensive…

I think I’ve got a few of these you can have for free. I never got round to clearing out the ones people didn’t pick up when I posted them on here a few months ago, so you can have any I still have if you want them?