Pointless Topics

Haha, I was wondering why the credits rolled halfway through, that Schrock fella is a colossal turd.

Yes, but he needs serious art direction and taste-making from somebody who knows what they’re talking about. He has some solid skills, but not the discerning knowhow on what to do, where and when. The nollie 360flip and tailslide down the rail surprised me, along with some of the control on a few manny tricks and the tricks over the bike lane gaps in London somewhere. And then there was a ton of body varials and ugly shoes. Bummer.

Definitely one for pointless topics though.

1 Like

crook shove to boardslide on a ledge

The trick before was great though, boardslide 180 boardslide thing. Enjoyed that. The rest of it reeked of Instagram garage skating from the trick selection.

1 Like

All of it was sick…
…In a messing about with your mates and taking the piss at what shit is possible kinda way.
For a part for all to see? No thanks. But, the platform he’s got, it’s all about that shit so we’re just going to be seeing more and more coming up.

1 Like

-10 today with a ‘feels like’ of -16 here in Tallinn

Chilly.

1 Like

It would have been great if the section just had 2-3 stupid tricks after the ender. Basically every one of those tricks should have had him ballbagging the camera and laughing.

Did we ever try to do a complete list of U.K. videos on the old forum? I know @voodoo did a thread of U.K. board companies but did we do videos?

It’d be pretty much impossible to decide what counts now but it’d be cool to see the list. If it exists.

1 Like

Wanna try and re-do. If one of us starts a thread you can edit the original post to add?

1 Like

Sure! That can be done.

Ok I can start a list unless anyone else wants to? What’s the criteria.

Does online only count? Or has to be a physical copy?

That’s the thing. Maybe if you have to have paid money to see it, one way or another? But then stuff like Cafe videos and Palace videos wouldn’t count…

Length maybe?

Length is tricky I think. But it’s obvious to me that Palace / Cafe / National etc online things count. Filmed and edited properly etc etc.

Fuck it, I can start it tomorrow or later tonight.

Just watching the start of the Super Bowl, not much social distancing going on in the stands, also it looks full up and more than 22,000 in there :thinking:

1 Like

I know it’s low-hanging fruit and all, but American football is just so demonstrably shite. Everything about it is utterly putrid. Would rather watch West Brom v Sheffield

7 Likes

Yeah I can’t disagree, won’t be staying up to watch it all.

National anthem.
Flag waving patriots.
Half-time “entertainment”.
Time outs.
Dicator-style cult of personality around the coach.
Cheerleaders.
Fireworks.
Hype over the fucking ads in the Superbowl…
Yep, fuck that.

And that doesn’t even take the game itself into account.

Just woke up to check out the result and saw the crowds.

There shouldn’t be anyone there. Mental. Fucking idiots.

2 Likes

Not seen any pics yet but the bbc said they were using cardboard cut outs.

Yeah, 65k capacity and 22k there and the cutouts were used for social distancing.
Still doesn’t make American football any better.

2 Likes

I tried watching a college game when I was out there and couldn’t get into the stop start timing of it. I may be biased though as I dont think cricket or football is much more interesting.