Pointless Topics

I’m moving house and had photos up using those no nails command strips. The fucking things were cemented to the wall and had to take the paint off to get them off. Looks fucking terrible.

The paint was a blend from B&Q years ago and can’t remeber what it is.

Do you reckon I have to sort this? The guy buying my house is moving in on the 1st.

no. if he moves in and discovers damp in the walls or rats nesting in the roof it’s not your issue. holes in the walls shouldn’t be either

1 Like

We have the same problem, we’re moving out next week and had a bunch of stuff stuck on with 3M pads. We basically just put a bit of pollyfiller in there to fill any of the deeper gaps that peeled off, sanded it then just got some cheap paint samples to cover. You can see it if you’re really looking, but it’ll do for a quick walkthrough with the landlord. But if you’re selling its probably ok

2 Likes

I wouldnt worry about matching the paint, just put a bit of filler in it, failing that tell em to fuck off. I had about 6 wallmounted guitar hangers on the wall that had three screws in each one. Just took em off the wall, boshed a bit of polyfilla in it and legged it

2 Likes

Polyfilla and sand and a little note to sorry (card if it’s a lady).
They’ll be repainting anyway.

1 Like

It’s not a polyfilla job. This paint has flaked away from an otherwise totally grey wall

He can just put some posters up :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Oh just sand then.

Just remembered when we moved in we started stripping the wallpaper and the cheeky fucker had papered over a giant hole in the wall. This is small potatoes.

This

Stuck a wonky vent over it

1 Like

2 Likes

Are those trousers some sort of Richie Jackson velvety crush affair?

In Scotland the seller has a week to report issues like damp, might be similar dahn sarf?

Marks on walls are definitely nothing to worry about. It’s best not to bother painting before the move in date either, because they’ll probably want to paint it themselves. Plastering over holes is wise but I don’t think you need to worry here. Got a flat sale going through on Friday so all this is kinda on my mind but maybe it’s different in Scotland.

1 Like

oh dude no idea. you know me, i just say things as if they’re fact when really i have no clue and just like talking

1 Like

It’s a good attitude for the right sort of person. Keep it up.

1 Like

Is anything, ANYTHING on Earth more annoying than a person who thinks they are some sort of entertainer on Pop Master.

Shut the FUCK UP and just answer the questions or not you massive twats.

3 Likes

I’m completely incapable of watching/listening to anything involving the general public for that reason. I either cringe or get annoyed. Even when they interview people on the street in BBC news.

1 Like

“Now you’ve had the facts, let’s find out what some confused pensioners outside a 1970s shopping centre make of it.”

3 Likes

It’s a disgrace, what they’re doing.

Either that or it’s about time they did this.

1 Like

Kinda related, but news articles quoting individual random Twitter responses to whatever has happened, like they’re some kind of representative barometer for the whole nation

3 Likes

A massive problem for hyperlocal news just now, like [Your city]Live.com.

Those outlets are owned by Reach Media, who have just announced that they’re closing newsrooms and staff will be working from home from now on, so that’s probably going to get worse when the people doing those stories don’t have a boss looking over their shoulder. I hate it.

'One disgruntled Twitter user thought the proposals were ridiculous.

@billyballbag
“These proposals are ridiculous.”’

4 Likes

And another thing…newspaper speak.

So a prisoner is a lag.
Someone on a night out is a reveller.

No one anywhere else uses these words.

3 Likes