Pointless Topics

Allows him to perfectly ride the trend of skating all kinds of overpriced trainers for clips on insta rather than be tied to whatever a big shoe sponsor would give him.

Still not sure what that really means

Imagine you were a vacuum cleaning pro and got sponsored by ao.com instead of Dyson.

3 Likes

That way you could have a Henry as well, win win :+1:

Lol, Stockx is a clothing and shoe thing? I saw the headline and figured it was like a trendy trading thing.

It kind of is :wink:

1 Like

Yeah but theyre resellers right? So hows he getting shoes?

He gets credit every month?

Possibly. Brands also launch new stuff on StockX sometimes.

My guess is that he’ll wear these before too long.

Can anyone think of a way to weigh down a flat rail? When I boardslide it it lifts up at the other end when I get to the end of the rail. I was thinking of some kind of ballast in the legs but am not sure. I can’t fix it to the ground.

Only options are …

Cut and refix the legs so they’re 50mm from each end
Or cut the rail down to 50mm from the legs.

You’re gonna be too heavy for any weight alternative, it will always want to lift .

I made the mistake with my first welded 50kg box rail . Though it would be heavy enough but nope. Would still lift on certain tricks .

1 Like

Go much faster.

3 Likes

Thanks, yh, it’s this cheap rail I got from Ebay. It was fun for getting better at boardslides but don’t fancy learning anything else on it. Thinking about it, like you said it might be ok lower, so on the lowest setting, as it will lift up less. I’ll try that.

Ah yh it’s fine for boardslides going at a decent speed, just don’t fancy learning 5050s on it. It might be ok at its lowest setting.

What I mean is the actual rail needs cutting down, how low it is won’t make any difference. The pivot is exactly the same . So to stop the pivot you need the rail overhang to be cut right back or the legs cut and re welded so you’ve only got 50mm of overhang.

This was the mistake, feet are way too far back from the ends and causes it to pivot and lift.

1 Like

I see what you mean and that looks like a really fun rail!

Mate’s got a mobile rail that does this and it’s terrifying. I don’t skate it any more after witnessing a mate of ours flipping it end-on-end and narrowly missing it crashing down on his skull as he lay on the floor. F that.

2 Likes

Yeah for a company to produce and sell these rails is beyond me. They should all be made not to pivot , I mean how easy is it just to move the legs in the factory to the end of the rail.

2 Likes

more a pointless post than topic, but 75% of the e-scooterers in my neighbourhood ride goofy.

4 Likes

What about the wood shop directory listing on slap message board?

1 Like