Pointless Topics

Heavy stuff there.

yeah i only ever followed the penny one & even sacked that off recently. agreed on the tediousness of it for sure

1 Like

The Chewy one is weird. He’s probably my favourite skateboarder but he’s out every day and he posts loads of clips. It’s not like he’s some mysterious enigma.

1 Like

HashtagFreePJ

Sound a bit sketchy tbf, but if he’s not hurting anyone and all this yoga is keeping his legs good, I can ignore the white boy turban

I dunno man. Looking through his following list, it seems he’s going further down the rabbit hole - a proper hybrid of far-right bullshit and conspiracy lunacy:

Trump
David Icke
James O Keefe
Breitbart
The Conscious Awakening
Eyesontheright4.0
1986theact (<- strongly anti vax account)

and many many more.

People like this really are hurting people

6 Likes

I registered @cultofjimmy and then realised that was as far as my motivation went for creating an account dedicated to Jimmy Carlin

9 Likes

Just drew this. Hehe.

I really miss my annual trip(s) to London. Fuck Covid. Oh well, I suppose I’m stoked to be in good shape.

7 Likes

Trade places?

If it weren’t for the array of parks here, I think I’d have went insane over the last 18 months. No matter where you are in this city, there’s a pretty sizeable park relatively nearby.

Comparing cities, not that NY had a similar lockdown (being honest, in the US they only ever had lockdown-lite compared with here), but if you live in certain parts of NY there are basically no parks or green-spaces nearby. Paris isn’t as bad, but I definitely think you have to go more out of your way to find decent sizeable chunks of nature/green-spaces compared with here where you’ve got Hyde Park, Hampstead Heath, Regent’s Park, Victoria Park, Brockwell Park, Battersea Park, Greenwich Park, Hackney Marshes, Bushy, Gunnersbury, etc.

Only one I would be interested in would be @cultofnatas because if anyone surfaced any new Natas footage I would be all over it.

2 Likes

London is definitely quite green compared to a lot of great cities like Paris or NY.
I used to love parks but they seem so “fake” (for lack of a better word) now that I can leave my house and walk by one of the biggest lakes in Europe or in a lovely forest in 5 minutes! That shit is good for the soul and I’d get pretty depressed if I lived in a city now.
I used to think I was a city person but I absolutely love living in the countryside and having a garden. It definitely made the lockdown easier to deal with, even if it wasn’t that gnarly here. I suppose I changed as I got older too.

° tosses seeds to chickens, Neil Young’s Harvest in the background °

7 Likes

I like living in the city, and mine’s small and easy to get out of, but it sucks if you depend on public transport and have to move around at peak times. The way to make the most of any city is to skate or cycle everywhere and have no fixed schedule. If you have to move with the crowds it’s shit because you just go A-B on the same route every day and get locked into a loop.

3 Likes

This isn’t new but it’s really good. :grin:

1 Like

Yes! I feel like mots people who live in big cities just go through the same commute every day and otherwise stay in their hood which is kinda like living in a village but having to work far from home.
Every time I visit London or SF I tell my friends who live there that we should check out this skatepark/skate spot/restaurant/bar/museum/whatever and they’re often like “yeah I heard it’s great and it’s not even that far but I’ve never been there”.
Not blaming them, I suppose I’d probably be like that if I lived there too.

5 Likes

Been all over that already haha. That guy’s a legend for keeping all that stuff.

1 Like

Totally. Imagine having that and wondering when you should release it… Good on them for not ‘partnering’ with something for it, and just throwing it on YouTube too.

That’s what I was thinking when I watched it…‘You’ve been sitting on unseen Natas, Dressen and Stranger footage for 30 years and you never thought to tell anyone until now!!!’

Just a consequence of having to travel from home to work and back from work to home, at the same time as millions of other people. Hard to do anything else other than maybe go for a stroll at lunchtime. Then if you’re young you go for a drink afterwards which in London means Soho or Canary Wharf (urgh) and then back to your area for maybe another drink or booze from a late night shop.

Then you become borderline alcoholic, then you discover coke, then you stop going for a drink after work and all go back to yours, then you don’t wanna go into work any more, then you start losing your mind, then you move the fuck outta London to Brighton or somewhere, then you have a massive identity/midlife crisis and wonder what the fuck you’re doing with your life.

Or something…

7 Likes

What city?

Guilty! Many parts of this city may as well be in Papau New Guinea or something. Couldn’t tell you anything about west London, for example.

I probably know London better than a lot of Londoners but I’ve never seen the Matterhorn and I suppose at least 100 millions of Asian tourists have seen it! :man_shrugging:

Been trying to explore Switzerland more since Covid, maybe that’s a good side of that whole silly thing?