Pointless Topics

if so, my wife has problems

2 Likes

Going for a boozy night later and slightly nervous about it, have really cut down on heavy drinking recently… Cannot hack hangovers any more. Also trying to cut out spliffs which became a bit too habitual over lockdown and started to make me para. Need a new vice. Vaping isn’t cutting it.

2 Likes

Not sure how pointless this is, but I put on the live stream of the La Palma volcano in the background on the TV and the sound put me to sleep in 10 mins whilst I was sat on the sofa going through my phone. It was only 9.30pm and I never sleep that early.

Would recommend if needed.

3 Likes

Seeing a one of these in person is on my bucket list. Volcanoes are amazing.

1 Like

Yeah for real! Such an awesome natural phenomenon. Raw untouchable power

Wasting some time today in my local town waiting for my car to have its MOT done. Decided to look in some charity shops for random tat. The first thing I saw was a black and white minstrels box set. I might go back and wait at the garage.

5 Likes

I found the worst records of all time in an Oxfam last week. Had to buy them. 50p each

4 Likes

Monty looks more country.

4 Likes

Haha those are great.

The idea of going “crate digging” always sounds cooler than it actually is. You have to wade through so much awful country and christian music to find anything good. Seems like every amateur choir in the world was able to get a record pressed BITD.

That’s pretty much been the case for twenty years, since vinyl came back ‘in’ and the internet existed.

Used to base holidays around record shops too. Might as well just sit in a bar and go on Discogs now.

Same with shoe shopping. There aren’t any back-room finds in provincial sportswear retailers these days.

2 Likes

In the US people would go to thrift stores to buy those old church pressed worship albums if they had old Fenders or Gibsons on the cover, phone up the church and ask if the artists were still alive and enquire about the guitars, offer to buy them for cash and buy a brand new replacement guitar and basically get these mint condition vintage guitars because they took such good care of them and only played em at church on sundays

9 Likes

Something about skateboarding on five live right now. Just switched it on so not sure what about. Post olympics I think.

I think it’s @LA???

When I’m in the mood I really enjoy it. Finding that one gem in a shop full of nana muscari is a special very geeky buzz. You get very well aquatinted with the works of James last as well. On a bad day you just feel like a weirdo who smells of dead people’s stuff

1 Like

I’ve often thought about how many Neil Sedaka records I’ve flicked past that are just sitting there. Existing.

2 Likes

Because I have nothing better to do

b

Most valuable is probably a Beatles fan club 7 which I can’t find now

1 Like
1 Like

A friend of mine found a rare Beatles acetate that he sold for £6k the other week. The lucky bastard.

5 Likes

Holy fuck. Where he find that?