Pointless Topics

Rocked (and still rock) cardigans on the regular. Nowt wrong with a cardigan

I did think about you after I typed that. But not you. Not talking about you. You weren’t stinking it up in a black and white photo in Kingpin doing a tail-touching backside 5.0 on a bench at the time.

1 Like

Cardi BDF

3 Likes

Cardigans are totally fine.

Flat caps were a thing for a bit.
Nah.

Got one of them too.

Big fat warm cosy winter cardigans are totally fine. Actually one of the best things in life.

Poxy thin little Topman cardigans which I assume we’re talking about are not good at all.

Jerry Hsu gets a pass (also on chunky Emericas) but he’s the only one.

1 Like

Cardigans are fucking awful, unless you want to deliberately look like that intolerant 50s-throwback school principal you had as a kid.

2 Likes

The amount of absolute wank that rises to the front page off that sub is just dreadful. It’s all “kick the board really hard so it spins a million times while I run next to it then jump on when it lands” or “the worst of Mike V” stuff, with all the comments gushing about how sick it is.

This is pretty indicative;

https://www.reddit.com/r/skateboarding/comments/pt7jia/this_is_not_real_skateboarding/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Edit: also double flips. Lots of double flips.

4 Likes

Best start panic buying corduroy. Just in case.

1 Like

Pressureflips feel rad if done right. No-one wants to see a minging pressure flip noseslide, or some late flip, body varial stinker, but a nice floaty pressure flip over a hip is well satisfying.:+1:

1 Like

cords are great, got two pairs of banging tommy hilfiger ones from the jumble for 20p each a couple years ago

thinking about it i’m gunna search for some stretchy black ones to skate in again

1 Like

Replace AFI with Alkaline Trio and this is actually very likely my look.

1 Like

Sort of related. The wife and I were in the car yesterday and noticed that there were a couple of “pop punk” style tracks on the radio.
I think it’s coming back. And it sounds the same as it did the first time. Shit.

3 Likes

This is why I can never go near the music thread :joy:

2 Likes

It’s Machinegun Kelly and his mates.

I just got tickets to see Alkaline Trio next year. Haven’t seen them for like 8 years.

Eminem ruined his rap career so now he’s started cosplaying as a pop punk guy

2 Likes

I’ve sort of disproved my dying to live theory now cos that was alongside the pop punk era and the pop punk trend has almost been and gone now.
The 917 videos used quite a lot of pop punk and frankly villani is a Californian blink 182 fan boy. All the trendy companies have the y2k mall shop T-shirt pastiche graphics at the moment.
The rebirth has sort of slumped into whatever’s going on now

Pop-punk is new Ramones/Motorhead.