Pointless Topics

Got a bottle of Baileys for 10 quid instead of 20 from a club card deal. They had coffee for £2.75 instead of £5.50 the other day too. Some good shit there.

2 Likes

Yeah this fucked me up the other month when I tried to get 3 krombacher at big tesco and they’d sneakily taken it out of normal 3 for 5 and made it club card only

I used to have one tied to my staff account when I worked in checkouts in MCR metro. However it disappeared with staff discount when I left for a better gig. Quite depressing going in now. When I worked there there was about 20 people on checkouts the crac was really good despite the high turnover. The last time I went in there were no checkouts only self service save for 2 people behind the tobacco counter all the familiar faces had gone.

Right. That’s it. I’m off to go sort a club card.

1 Like

When I delivered for Tesco you got free stuff at the end of the night with your clubcard. Stocked up on so much free food it was banging

Don’t need the thing anymore, you can use the QR code on the phone app.

So I’m told anyway. I only eat Palace cheese from Harrods.

4 Likes

Years back, my girlfriend used to work in John Lewis, which gave us some savage discounts on food at Waitrose, usually around 20% - spirits were out, but there was nominal amount on wine and the full amount on beer. They’d take the 20% off the total price of 3 x beers, so £7.50 - 1.50 and then take £2.50 off that for the 3 beers for £5 deal. Net discount usually meant it was £3.50 for 3 beers with a JL staff discount.

/coolstorybro.

2 Likes

managed to grab the coffee out of my mates palace hamper (as he’s purely tea)
quite possibly the cheapest shit I’ve ever tasted.
like the stuff you get from Aldi because ‘you think it might be alright’, it never is.

1 Like

Are you kidding me, you never had a club card? Whack your petrol on it as well.

You bunch of fucking amateurs

Need to get yourselves onto headforpoints.com

3 Likes

Imagine not using a clubcard for petrol. It doesn’t bear thinking about.

Does it make a massive difference?

You get money back based on how much you spend, so yeah - if you’re putting petrol in in might as well be at a Tesco garage.

1 Like

Depends if you want to pay full price for pizza express like a mug.

1 Like

That’s why prince Andrew went so often.

3 Likes

And there was me thinking he loved the £3 meal deal

Anyone else remember when Soreen pushed out this (presumably unintentional) Sore Arse Insta Skate advert?

5 Likes

UPDATE: I’ve got a clubcard.

9 Likes

Phew, I can stop refreshing the page now

2 Likes

Now all I want is a loaf of Soreen. With like 0.5cm ice cold butter smothered across each godforsaken slice.

Can I get it in Estonia? Can I fuck

1 Like

Wait until you get the monthly offers through. That and an email subscription to moneysavingexpert.com is basically what keeps me going these days