Pointless Topics

Gave away my setup at the park, then remembered I’m a bourgeois middle aged skateboarder and ride Swiss and no disadvantaged kid is making me pump harder next time I go near transition… so I stole the wheels off my sons board and swapped them over and continued with my good deed.

20 Likes

Nice.
Hopefully you filmed yourself giving it away to get likes from your followers on the tik tok.

4 Likes

Unfortunately the drone was out of battery, so couldn’t get a fly past to capture the moment.

4 Likes

Is skate psychogeography a thing? Have been watching a few of these & a similar tour around different cities, talkibg about long gone spots, shops, people etc could be interesting…

3 Likes

One of the skaters from the Toon did a research thing for his uni course on the Geographies of Newcastle Skateboarding.

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/194277861000300313?journalCode=huga

His lecturer Mike J actually got super into the skate scene and ended up doing quite a lot of different projects.

He ended interviewing quite a few of us and I’m pretty sure he also realised an academic book on skateboarding not that long ago.

3 Likes

I don’t want to cause panic or anything but this ad in my FB feed made me think of you lot.
It quite clearly says ‘limited time offer’ and I’d hate for you to miss out…

Capture

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing, that was a good watch, I’ll have to add that channel to the ever growing list.
If you’ve ever read Alan Moore’s League of extraordinary gentlemen century trilogy youll know he borrows one of Sinclair’s characters Andrew Norton who is trapped in the city limits of London but not time. I couldn’t find it but there’s a great page where he’s stood in the same spot and moves through time witnessing cavemen, settlers, romans a warring Boudicca, the swinging sixties to present day kings cross.

1 Like

Cheers man I’ll have a read

Mike J is cool, first met him when the Long Live Southbank team came up for that Roots Of A Scene exhibitionn a few years back - he’s going to be doing more stuff soon so will probs in contact

1 Like

@Bish

Weirdly, just got this text (cue Twilight Zone theme…)

1 Like

Was he in radiohead?

1 Like

Yes! The Metaverse ready Yuto Horighome NFT is almost here!!

Saw that this morning. Stevie W was plugging one too.

Wack.

Probably going to start hitting that unfollow or block button now.

Is this shit just tax evasion for people who made a bit of money?
The reason why berra/Koston went for scientology

Feels like Yuto isn’t the skater he seemed like at first. I thought he was a legit street skater like Tiago but he’s basically a Japanese Nyjah.

If it’s some marketing thing where the skater is told ‘give us your blessing here, no cost to yourself, and you could make a shitload of cash, it won’t cost you a thing’ then I think every pro will be in on it in some way or another

2 Likes

It’s a special commemorative NFT to mark his gold medal. It features his signature move as seen on Thrash Magazine. I read it here:

Japanese Mercedes - A HA

1 Like

Best Instagram comment: “This is why Mark won SOTY.”

7 Likes

I am passing judgement upon this ignorant naive 23 year old successful millionaire…

He’s a gold medal winning olympian. Someone thought he was like a Japanese Tiago? LOL

1 Like

Morph’s current insta story cracked me up