Pointless Topics

If you’re skating, there are some metal edged curbs at the army barracks about here:

Dropped pin
https://goo.gl/maps/gVkC8ZkLik4TJ5Zb9

Whats the new neighbour etiquette? Live in a semi (ooo err) and people have finally moved in. Do i go over or do they introduce themselves?

Go over with a bottle of wine and say hi

1 Like

Fall out the house drunk with a joint in your mouth , white vest on and take a piss on their fence .
Should break the ice

6 Likes

On mobile, The way you wrote this looks like a rap but it doesn’t rhyme and there’s no rhythm to it so it pisses me off

1 Like

Do nothing. Try to time it so you’re never taking the bins out at the same time as them. Complain loudly about the noise they make. Be really awkward when you inevitable bump into them on the way out in the morning.

This is my system and it’s working well.

8 Likes

Yeah, just wait till you bump into them in passing. Little head nod and see where that goes.
Ain’t nobody popping round with wine.

2 Likes

Yeah I dont think I’ve got the bottle of wine hello in me.

I’ve had a proper channel 5 nightmare neighbour next door experience once which has made me super anxious of all neighbours since. Just praying they’re not Michael Fabricants.

Neighbour etiquette…

• First time of bumping into each other of the day…
    “Morning (and add something about the weather).”

• Second accidental meeting of the day…
    "Fancy seeing you here (and roll your eyes in a ‘what are we like?’ Manner).

• Third meet…
    Jokingly - “Are you following me?”
    “We have to stop meeting like this…”

• There is no etiquette for a forth meet, it’s never happened and now you are stuck indoors until tomorrow and can restart the process all over.

-Micky Flanagan

1 Like

If they are washing their car you say ‘you can do mine next if you want!?’

LOL

9 Likes

I always say that bants

…and just to make it even more awkward, actually turn up at their house the next day with a bucket of water and a big sponge and ask ‘if now’s a good time to clean it for them?’ I’m sure the look on their face would be worth it.

2 Likes

An ex-neighbour of mine said that to me and nodded towards his X5M, I replied “Nah, you’re alright”. He never spoke to me again. I’d have probably said yes if it was an M5 and I could have had a go :man_shrugging:

I keep blowing up on One Directions Insta, they must be reforming or one of the remembers is playing a venue called voodoos? :grimacing: Here come the fans wanting on the guest list :rofl:

3 Likes

Hi mate,
that’s in reading. Dom Henry switch front lips it from flat in a video part, iirc

1 Like

Also in York! Wish I got time to squeeze in some spot tourism but alas, it’s all in-laws all Weekend

Just got back from the Basel comp.

Alex DeCunha’s push is something I wish I hadn’t seen in the flesh.
There’s a whole new generation of contest guys that rip that don’t seem to exist in the skate world I know (the only guy in the finals I knew was Denny Pham). A lot of those guys were repping Cariuma. Damn. Park rats doing hardflip reverts, people celebrating “ghetto birds”. I felt very far from watching Brian Lotti’s Now N’ Later section sitting there.
Pat Duffy did a 360 flip lipslide with a hangover. Dude’s 47 according to Wikipedia.
The street course for plebs was fun. I love basic obstacles.
Spent 4 hours listening to skate podcasts on my way there and back. I love podcasts.

9 Likes

We went into York after the event and walked past there. We used the muli story just next to it.

On a side note the comic con was awesome. Loads of lovely comments about the stall and my wife’s work, we met some people we’ve become friends with through Instagram and had five guys afterwards. Makes up for a local craft fair the day before where I made £3 and on the way home the starter motor failed in the petrol station and I got stranded for 6 hours.

3 Likes

Been driving round with no mot for the last month and hadn’t realised. Whoops

3 Likes

So easy to do if you haven’t got a reminder set up. I did it for nearly 4 months once, then lockdown COVID began to lurk on the horizon and I had to ram it in some poor fucker’s schedule when neither he nor I had the time for it. Then my DPF warning light came on when I was driving there, so I had to fuck about driving up and down the road nearby until it finished its cleaning cycle else I’d have failed on emissions. Not my finest hour.

2 Likes