Pointless Topics

BREDBURY-SKATE-PARK

3 Likes

Braintrust: I have a first date lined up on Saturday night which feels promising (but who knows) and which took ages to land on, however an old friend who I haven’t seen since his wedding in 2019 just text to say he’s in town same day. I also might likely have to work over the weekend which risks both options anyway.

What’s the recommended action? Cancel the date and hope we can reschedule for next weekend, or keep the date and hope I can meet up with my mate sometime in the next 12 months?

Bro’s before hoes.

3 Likes

Your mate would understand. Would the girl?

Sack work off, coffee with friend then put your dancing shoes on for the date. Sleep all sunday.

4 Likes

Unfortunately they’re both evening based.

But I will be sleeping all Sunday either way

Actually first dates are a Tuesday or Wednesday thing. Not Saturday night, that’s weird.

1 Like

Is this normal now? Fuck going out on a Tuesday or Wednesday.

1 Like

Rearrange the date, if the lady in the question doesn’t understand and makes a fuss, she’s probably not a keeper in the long run (as long as you give plenty of notice).

It’s Rick Howard’s birthday, sounds like they’re have a costume party for him?

3 Likes

How

2 Likes

Hahaha, this one is great too (sound on):

Looks like the bollard went though a gap between his jeans and the belt as he ran along with his pants half way down his legs, or so research scientists in my neck of the woods have reported.

Noticed this has been down for good knows how long and fixed it yesterday. I need to update it

3 Likes

Wonderful

4 Likes

Feel like skating’s getting a bit stale for me. Gonna go to a local park with a 3 foot quarter and try to learn some basic transition skills.

3 Likes

I literally need to go skateboarding but can’t be fucked in all honesty, brings me zero pleasure and has done for the last year.

I was never good, but I fucking suck now and don’t really enjoy any of it.

1 Like

Lifes too short to do anything you dont enjoy. Do summst else. I was the same so found other things to do that i did enjoy. It’ll still be there when you fancy going back out

4 Likes

Not sure what else to do! Haha

A guy i work with is some sort of hobby master. He’s been into ice hocky, mountain biking, rock climbing, rally driving and hes currently getting some sort of sky diving licence. I dont think ive got the mental capacity to engage in that much stuff.

I think i kept skating for so long because we were always heading out to different towns and meeting new people.

1 Like

Aren’t men biologically hardwired to always be trying to be good at stuff, learning new skills to be attractive to the opposite sex, conquering other males by being better than them, blah blah? It’s why I could never play an organised game of footy any more cos there’s always some nob who can’t just relax and enjoy it. The gym always has bros strutting about. Even skating has comping/snaking sometimes.

3 Likes