Pointless Topics

I had a look and apparently Estrella free damm is gluten free. I had it on holiday once and it’s nice.

1 Like

Gluten free beer is weird because it can contain trace amounts of gluten. My wife avoids it because she has coeliac disease and doesn’t risk it. I’m sure it’s fine because I think they all have the coeliac safe logo on them…but just FYI.

In America we found Sorghum beer which is gluten free from start to finish (i.e. it’s brewed from a GF grain rather than removing it afterwards) but i can’t find any no/low alcohol version of that. Too niche.

1 Like

Low alcohol small beers are nice
Small Beer | Lower Alcohol Brewery | Crafted Below 2.8% ABV (theoriginalsmallbeer.com)

Estrella Damm gf is pretty nice, definitely preferred supermarket option lager, but they don’t do a GF and alcohol free version though

Yeah I’m not Celiac, I just can’t stomach gluten in beer. So trace amounts are fine for me.

And there are some good choices for gf beers these days. There are a couple that are celiac association certified - St Peter’s is off the top of my head

It’s gluten free according to Waitrose but am not 100% sure if that’s correct.

Ok interesting…

Lucky Saint should be banned.
Heneiken and peroni are good if you’re just looking to sate the taste for lager quickly.

splash out on this?

2 Likes

Hey mate, if youre looking at using non-alcoholic booze to try and help you cut down, be aware that its a far from ideal solution. I went through this about 15 years ago and every time i drank fake booze it just reminded me how great the real stuff is (and forced me to think about alcohol). I lost count of the amount of times id have a pretend beer on an evening then go tothe off licence for the real thing half an hour later.

Im pretty sure its a solution for something like, if you’re a social drinker but its your turn to drive, but if you have an actual drink problem i dont think its a solution.
(Sorry if im talking out of line :v:).

5 Likes

I had some and it was fucking awful. Might have another one but remember thinking it was nothing like the proper one

Alcohol free Stella is my go to weekday choice now, number one would be Bitburger Drive for sure

1 Like

has anybody got a telegraph online account? trying to get a screenshot of an obituary that was in the paper today.

Get well soon @Gconroy

Sounds like an extremely nasty slam, on the mend I hope :fist:

15 Likes

this stuff is really good

3 Likes

I would watch that.

1 Like

Started a job lecturing the other day. The fella who plays Father Damo is in the class.

10 Likes

What do you do?

The weekly class I’m giving is advanced video production. Basically talking about how great I think I am and showing how to move squares across a screen.

3 Likes

In theory yes but in practice the wife is always right so you are wrong

11 Likes