Pointless Topics

One of the other kids mums had one of these stupid coats on at football practice on Saturday. I was like ‘I bet you’re lovely and warm in that sleeping bag’

Today I learned it’s an actual thing called dry robe?

I learn most things from this forum.

5 Likes

I got a sick-ass wolf/bear/eagle/moose/deer tee in Canada last summer. Got it from a weird shop where you could also buy the Bible and sex toys in the middle of nowhere. What a place.

Got other tees of the same kind from various souvenir shops all over Quebec. Always cheap and they’re incredible. Fuck this weather, I wanna rock them now.

6 Likes

Yes mount hawke, love park in Falmouth is a new small indoor park aswell. Lots of good Eddie Belvedere footage on his gram of it worth hitting the two if anyone’s in Cornwall for a couple days.

That park is my idea of heaven. Looks perfect.

1 Like

It won’t stop there. Before you know it she’ll need some Uggs, a waterproof woolly hat and a tow float to complete the look, otherwise no one will know she’s a ‘wild, (give me strength :wink:), swimmer. Optional extra yoga mat to carry pointlessly around Waitrose for whatever reason it is that those people do that.

Nowt wrong with a bath towel with a hole cut in in the middle :joy:

2 Likes

Thought this was just a Saffron Walden thing.

3 Likes

What a world we live in today… :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Instant cop. Size Large please x

2 Likes

Anyone got recommendations for a bike for a 5 year old? Or will anything from Halfords do?

What about helmets too?

I’d recommend getting a used one and pay most attention to the weight (and the colour if they’re fussy, got to be something they’re stoked with), but the lighter the better really. Our daughter had a couple of the Wiggins ones as she grew, they’re nice and light and also not stupidly expensive like Isla bikes.

2 Likes

Got told when I took my kids to 4motion skatepark to get kitted out in their younger days that you need to buy a helmet with more back of head protection…

Less this sort of shape

And more this…

Hope that makes sense?

1 Like

And make sure it’s on properly. So much hanging-off-the-back-of-the-head helmet positioning out there. If the kid falls on its face you a least want some sort of forehead protection.

3 Likes

Sick. Thanks.

Where can I get a helmet like that that wont go to a big corp?

Frog bikes are great but pricey so look for a second hand one. They resell at a decent price so you’ll get most your money back.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t recommend a second hand bike for a kid, frame or forks could have been bent and bashed back into shape. First bike could be their make-or-break for doing outside stuff, so see if you can take the financial hit and take them to the shop and let them get properly fitted and choose one themselves.

1 Like

Just drove to a kids party in Bath and spotted 3 seperate dry robe dog walkers after I parked.

They do look stupid as fuck.

2 Likes

I really recommend Islabikes. We’ve had them in various wheel sizes and they are a pleasure to ride. Really well designed and built, with child-sized grips, pedals and cranks. The company has folded now but the bikes have a really high resale value and there are loads out there on eBay.

You’d want one with 16" wheels.

Halfords bikes are shit. They’re so unpleasant to ride they’ll put you off bikes for life.

2 Likes

It’s a kids bike, though, not sure there’s much need for fitting. You just get something that’s the right size for them to handle and then gradually raise the seat over the next two years and then it’s time for another bike anyway.

1 Like

I think I just wanted my kid to feel involved, to feel out what felt right herself.

Yeah, I get that but when we went to bike shops there would always be one or maybe two bikes that would be any good but obviously neither of them would be the right colour. Got more engagement looking at the vast range on ebay tbh.