Post here features you want to see on the forum

heh, nice search query

Try this: Amazon.co.uk: Low Prices in Electronics, Books, Sports Equipment & more

No idea if/how the tracking works if you donā€™t specify a product, so weā€™ll seeā€¦

Great stuff. Can you sticky this somewhere?

I found it slightly confusing that you click REPLY to post, then have to click REPLY again to submit the post.

Maybe the wording is default, but wouldnā€™t SUBMIT be better than REPLY twice?

PS. My skateboard is 8. something wide. Iā€™m going into the Equipment thread now! Wahoo!

Will do, as soon as I see how the tracking picks up orders. Thereā€™s some T&Cs where Iā€™m in violation if I entice people to click the link just to get affiliate rewards, so Iā€™ll see tomorrowā€¦

1. I donā€™t see the ā€œmain headingā€ either, even if I scroll up.

2. I can see the ad and clicked through to Amazon. Will this site profit slightly from purchases made? Thatā€™s cool with me!

3. It opened and replaced this site - Iā€™d prefer a new tab/window too. Isnā€™t it better to keep people in here? rather than losing them to the big wide web?

1 Like

Usually just has to mention youā€™ll earn a proportion doesnā€™t it? Most camera / tech websites do it.

1 Like
  1. Weird. What if you open a private browsing/incognito window? Do you have any other cookie blockers turned on?
  2. Yes I think 1.5%. More if itā€™s a product I link directly to.
  3. Thatā€™s standard site behaviour, will see what I can do.

For opening links in new tab, you have to enable it in your user preferences (click your avatar top right, click the little cog)

2 Likes

Cool, thanks!

Could I advertise my shop in them links?

Actually, theres only about 5 of you on this thing. Maybe not

As people seem to be getting into the habit of replying to single posts, would it be possible to add the text of the original post to the one being replied to? I guess it would just mimic the quote function, actuallyā€¦

If people are replying to a particular post, then the avatar for that person should appear top right in the reply, and if you click on that, you can see what message the person was replying to.

Not ideal I know but Iā€™m not tech enough to change that particular functionality of the forumā€¦!

Will keep an eye out for an off the shelf solution that I might be able to do.

One thing Iā€™ve noticed is that you canā€™t quote an image. I also just tried adding a gif and itā€™s over a pretty teenie limit so itā€™s converted it to a link.

I was tentative about coming over becauseā€¦ Jesusā€¦ 20,000 posts in the other place but the features of this are bloody excellent.

Also how can I contribute to the funding of this?

Your gif did show up for a short time on my PC browser but has since been switched to a link.

Hopefully it will support itself via advertising, but I think Iā€™m going to offer a members subscription for Ā£1 a month, that would be ad-free and offer all the lurking themes (eg if you donā€™t subscribe you have ads and the big ā€˜UK Skate Forumā€™ header.

What you reckon?

1 Like

Just doubled the upload size to 8mb

1 Like

FYI Ā£1 is the minimum I can charge via Patreon.

Apparently fix is to use the full quote button in the editor. Itā€™s the first button on the editor toolbar, as you read from left to right.

1 Like