Post here features you want to see on the forum

The man from del Cardiff says yes.

I could even push it all the way up to the price of a London pint. In a wetherspoons.

Whatever you need.

Nice one!

Also… Nice one.

1 Like

Just a note/ I got one of those adverts that pops up and you can’t delete it and you have to totally close the webpage, super shit pop-up ad crack. Was a bit annoying!

This should not be possible. Can you remember exactly what the ad was for or product/company name? If it happens again please screenshot the ad/page and DM me or post here, I’ll look into it.

Will do! Maybe I accidentally clicked on one of the ads before the page loaded and didn’t realise? Not sure but will do if it happens again! Cheers fella!

I got it, it was for BT. It took me away from the page and could not click back. It was on mobile only.

VERY strange. Thanks for flagging I’ll look into it.

Sorry about all these ads, especially the one at top of screen on mobile, Google is auto optimising to see which ones are most effective, I hate it but can’t look at it right now

This should be fixed now.

This should also be fixed now, could take 30 mins to clear though.

Fucking hell Spanky chop chop :wink:

I got to tighten it up a bit, you’re right it is a little jumpy. No time to test it properly right now

No ads, no jumping.
That is not a solution that I am suggesting for obvious reasons, just my experience that might offer some sort of comparison to help you pinpoint the experience and what may be responsible.

Try this, but change to ‘tracking’ so you can see reply count.

Scroll to end of thread, change from ‘watching’

Cheers, the covid boredom thread I started has been going off and didn’t know how to stop the reply notifications.

IS there a way of Organising the Forum so that there are defined Sub Forums for e.g.Meet Ups, Set Ups, New Skateparks etc.etc just as an example. The whole forum appears as one giant list of separate threads, just not organised. I see a few threads that attempted to keep things together but its all a jumbled mess.

Nah, the community is too small to be split up in that way. Yes It’s easier for people that lurk but as someone that posts, it’s not enjoyable having to keep clicking in and out of sub forums that’ll sometimes have little interaction and maybe even get forgotten about.
Bumping up threads with new posts keeps them active and actual users know what’s going on IMO.

5 Likes

There’s categories but I’m not sure how you use them

https://ukskateforum.co.uk/categories

Or if on mobile, tap the hamburger menu top right (next to your dp) it will list the cats

1 Like

Having areas, categories dilutes the users. We want continuous discussion on the hot topics and if you want to find something or post something you just search for it.
I hate other forums, they are just full of rooms and rooms of tiny pointless threads that barely have visitors.
Much better this way, keeps us all acquainted regularly and lets the new people get involved straight away rather than just posting in a random thread and not being seen by anyone.

11 Likes

It’s more like an actual pub, this way. Rather than a swingers’ club, with all rooms and shit.

7 Likes