Primitive - Encore

I didn’t realise how European their team was until this. Very sick.

2 Likes

Taylor isn’t team, though…Makes sense to not confuse things as that montage was all team dudes.

So much to take in. Gonna watch it again tonight.

No PRod section, right?

Unfortunately not. He has one clip on a ledge.

Hopefully he’s back filming after that injury though and he puts something out in the future!

I found the first few sections great, as well as Tiago’s. But I thought the middle stuff was filled with too many generic Adidas tracksuit wearing dudes all doing similar tricks.

It definitely needs another watch to take it all in though. Enjoyed the editing too, but needed more Prod.

Also, no idea how Devine is still pro

No way is he? Least memorable dude ever

Nah, he’s been pretty injured so no P-Rod section.

I like how they’ve done this - they have a very heavy and very large team and some of the dudes got their shine by putting out their parts earlier in the year (going pro, etc) and then in turn, this has meant that they can put out a 45 min video rather than bore us all with some Fully Flared length piece.

I think it is okay to not expect full parts from everyone.

1 Like

What an amazing video. All progressive skateboarding, no bullshit. Shame about all the adidas trackies I agree, pretty gross.

Overall though this is just what skateboarding/the skate industry needs. If there’s any justice Christmas lists worldwide are gonna see Revive decks being switched for Primitive decks.

Brian Peacock tricks/lines were standouts for me as well as everything everyone else mentioned.

3 Likes

Could’ve had more of him as well tbh, he’s fantastic

What happened to P Rod injury-wise?

Those trackes with the huge Nike tick down the side are some of the worst I’ve seen, truly embarrassing.

Really want to watch this, still haven’t managed to get throuh the Helas video yet

Totally agree. Not expecting full parts from everyone. Kinda a Girl/Chocolate vibe. I’m wondering if PRod will put out a full part with more from the others who didn’t get a full part, Brian Peacock, I’m looking at you!!
I’m not up on PRod’s recovery, but I remember seeing something where he said he’d like to do one more full part if he had it in him. Quite brave of them to put out a full video without him. I like that.

He was frontside big spinning down some stairs and destroyed his knee

Yeah I’d like to see more from Brian Peacock and it’s a shame about P-Rod’s injury as the footage he was putting out before was some of my favourite stuff I’ve seen from him.

Yeah, I guess it is quite brave - but the one thing I really respect with Primitive is that they have embraced new media and are using it to their advantage.
With that in mind, I guess they are thinking that a solo Prod banging section which he has more time to work on is better than lumping him in here with his early post-injury stuff where it might get lost in the mix.

4 Likes

When was this in the video? Totally missed it!

Just before Ribeiro’s part. They are skating some ledges in Porto. Think he does a switch flip nosegrind.

1 Like

Some insane stuff in this. Music let it down in places for me but was surprised when BoC popped up, although it’s a typical track to use.
Ribeiro is madness but hated the track. Vianna’s last trick is lovely. Really like Villani but missed some of his quirk in this but still really amazing. Tiago obviously… don’t need to say anything.

It’s Lisbon i think.

1 Like