Random pictures

Caught this bugger mauling a pidgeon right outside my girls nursery.
My in-laws moved to a more rural area last year and caught a sparrowhawk trying to tear its way I to the guinea pig run.

4 Likes

Sheā€™s only doing what she has to do to survive.

True but try telling that to the 4 year-old thatā€™s just witnessed Percy the pidgeons head rolling down the lane and his entrails being pulled out of his arse.

3 Likes

Not read through this thread for some time so a late red kite response, we often have groups of up to about 6 circling overhead round here.
Yeah, theyā€™re mahoosive.

2 Likes

Having Sunday dinner around my parents and looking out through the patio doors and one grabbed a pigeon, half drowned it in the pond first, then took it back out and started to peck away at it, feathers going everywhere, till it noticed the horrified audience, mouths gaped open watching on through the windows and flew off with it.

1 Like

This is exactly what I saw before, it must have been a sparrowhawk. So metal.

Iā€™m often working in the lakes and Iā€™m positive I saw a golden eagle perched on a farmerā€™s wall near Coniston during lockdown, it was only after I googled it I found out there was 1 pair that lived in the lakes in that had died about 20 years ago and thereā€™s a only a handful that live in the Highlands.

If it wasnā€™t, it was bloody massive whatever it was.

1 Like

Mightve been a sea eagle

1 Like

Itā€™s very likely to be the case but I like to think that during the first lockdown they ventured a bit further afield with it being so quiet and more prey venturing into the open.

1 Like

6 Likes

Haha excellent. Is there somewhere to see the whole thing?

Itā€™s in last months vizā€¦ iā€™ll take a pic later

3 Likes

7 Likes

12 Likes

ā€œno steaksā€
Iā€™d be gutted too tbh

1134 pencil drawings, 737 hours of work apparently

2 Likes

Looks like one of them photo booths in the bowling alley innit.

Wild thought but some people donā€™t do things just for internet points

3 Likes

Yeah, losers

2 Likes