Random pictures

2 Likes

When I was a kid it was turnips and not pumpkins. This was relatively civilised London in the 80s too. Pumpkins didn’t come along for Halloween until early 90s imo

3 Likes

Yep turnips here too, god only knows how.

1 Like

This just appeared in my feed

7 Likes

Nice looks like it has a hot piece of coal in it too. Made the mouth and eyes go black. Way fucking scarier than a pumpkin.

For sure.

4 Likes

We also used to carve turnips, way gnarlier than pumpkins!

Turnips here too, but they’re a national food anyway.

1 Like

Talking early ‘80’s here but turnips too, my mum carved it for me. Got my gardening badge for Cubs by growing pumpkins, maybe 1987, it’s a Long time ago.

1 Like

Yeah did exactly the same , turnip carving , they’d shrivel with in the first 12 hours and always burn cos they were too small for the candle .

1 Like

I’m going to ring my mum to find outhow she carved it out. Would’ve taken weeks.

We did it as kids with a spoon. Took hours.

Hot gravel for tea etc

7 Likes

With a spoon! Fucking hell.

My dad used a one of those large circle saw drill bits on a turnip. Had hollowed in 5mins

My dad works for Nintendo and I’ve got the new console that’s only out in America but I can’t show you it. Princess Peach gets fully nude too. And it’s 3D.

12 Likes

My mate’s brother built him a gokart that had two Suzuki Hayabusa engines in it and it can go 200mph but he’s not allowed to show anyone or the police will take it away from him

6 Likes

Bet he’s not actually insane.

Must be or he’d have sued them surely.

1 Like

I suppose so. Unless he’s faking it to go on long-term sick? Maybe this is part of his plan.