Random pictures

It’s not a holiday.

6 Likes

Absolutely.

1 Like

Well it was a pagan festival called Samhain. So I’m sure they were given time off to celebrate it.

I know the Christian community doesn’t like Halloween in reality so it gets the thumbs up from me, all except the landfill aspect. That can do one .

I’m sure the landfill is twice as big for Christmas and Easter, ect…

1 Like

3 Likes

The Christian community not liking Halloween obviously makes Halloween much better but it’s still fucking horseshit.

While we’re at it, I’m starting to say fuck off to birthdays too.

3 Likes

Just had our first batch of trick or treaters. I wasn’t bothered before, but now I hate it. Fuck dealing with other people’s kids.

2 Likes

I’ve put a brick against my front gate so they can’t get in. Sorted

2 Likes

I never really liked mine and anyone’s in general.

I’m turning 40 in 3 weeks. My girlfriend comes from a family where they can easily celebrate any birthday 3 or 4 times. I can’t wait to be 40 years and 5 days old.

1 Like

6 Likes

Ahahaha fucking amazing

Do kids in your area just knock on any door?
Round here, they only knock if you have a pumpkin out.

2 Likes

This time last year, I was in Truro for Hallowe’en and it was the same there - pumpkin out front meant knocking on the door.

As it was right before Lockdown 2, a few people had polite signs out saying they weren’t partaking this year due to Covid but wished everyone a good evening. That was pretty cool.

2 Likes

This festival chat reminds me I was listening to vibes fm last Xmas, they were taking calls, this Rasta woman came on and started going off - “Bun Christmas, it’s a pagan festival! I and I only deal with Jah rastafari” etc. Was pretty good

1 Like

Yeah sounds like you’re about 20 years behind us. Halloween was still a thing when I was a kid but was apple bobbing, carving turnips (don’t think I saw an orange pumpkin until I was about 16!) and just general trouble making.

It was much shitter than the American version. On what we called ‘mischief night’ when I was about 10 someone we were with set fire to a car and I remember running away and thinking ‘I hope I don’t have to do this every year’.

6 Likes

Me and the wife took our daughter out trick or treating. I’m a miserable bugger most of the time but watching her get really excited about seeing a pumpkin in someone’s window or struggling to reach a doorbell melts my cold black heart. Seems to be the rule now if there’s no decs hanging up then you don’t knock.

I realise it was now 30 years ago but seeing Halloween decs was incredibly rare, same with Christmas lights in Windows as a set of lights were expensive and usually relegated to the tree, nothing like these American style light shows that people like these days.

1 Like

Carving turnips? Wtf haha.

Don’t like Halloween at all. Made the nipper a robot costume which was just cardboard so no extra plastic.

Yeah and we put a piece of coal into it. I know, sounds like the middle ages but it was only the mid 80s.

1 Like