Reynolds off emerica

Yer it was heavy and over 4 mins. I don’t know how to embed Vimeo, but its on there.

Not a 3 song epic though was it, I’m just not sure you could say all the pressure has got to him, I don’t really see the evidence for that other than the meltdown itself. I wonder if those at Crailtap were giving him loads of additional support that he doesn’t get now.

I’m not a massive MJ fan anyway, but not many people get held to a 3 song epic. He fucked it himself. Could have slowly eeked that footage out over a few years.

Do football fans get so distressed when a footballer changes boot sponsor?

No one gives a fuck. But yer quite an interesting analogy.

See football supporters seem way more invested in individuals. I’ll change shoes five times a day but I still don’t really care what an old skateboarder wears in the tiny amount of footage we’re going to see. It’s not like you’re watching this dude every Saturday. I’m more stoked that these guys who’ve put the work in get to see their days out with a proper wage.

Such a calm and collected bunch those football fans, they certainly wouldn’t get in a huff over a trivial matter…

Exactly. Way more passionate than some moody skateboarders, and yet their heroes’ shoe sponsor is irrelevant. All football boots look the same I suppose, just different shades of neon.

It’s just not that useful an analogy to me at least, what a skater wears is part of the appeal and part of what makes footage good or bad in my opinion, that might sound vain or superficial but there it is. I’m not even what you would call OCD I don’t think but watching a part where a skater wears all manner of different shoes types and brands wouldn’t be what I would want to see, if I want to see that I’ll look at Decunha’s insta.

Wasn’t The Firm going to be called ‘Manchester United’`?

2 Likes

Here’s an easy question what does Nike and adidas make more money off, skateboarding or football, so you bet it matters who is wearing what.

It’s not like football fans walk around in footie boots is it? Or buy the best for a kick around down the park. I bet kids want to best boots still though and care who their fav player wears or their own signature boot. You get footie fans that fanatical about adidas say. Now basketball, imagine if Jordan had moved from Nike to adidas? That would be in the main evening news. They’d be interviewing fans going crazy in the street. Beckham leaving adidas for Nike would of been massive news! Might still be big news?

I don’t think MJ has had a say in how his video parts get edited, apart from enjoi and Tiltmode (maybe A-Team). I don’t think Ty would of gave him any real input.

That just shows you how stupid Americans are (sorry Lance) when it comes to Football and not understanding clubs like United are multi-million pound global companies.

2 Likes

4cdcfde071444429d73c01dd693d532a

2 Likes

Didn’t someone chuck a bin through the RAD offices window with a warning taped to it for Lance Mountain or something

Obviously, that’s a massive part of it. It always has been and it always should be. Maybe it’s just that I’ve always preferred seeing people in Nike or adidas than shapeless ugly featureless lumps of black suede that I’m less bothered when somebody makes a move to them.

I know fuck all about football so just wondered if it mattered over there.

Good points well made.

Any examples of this in any Reynolds video part? I can’t think of any.

Surely a footballer changing teams would be a much better analogy…

Oh yeah, of course.

I think it’s that most times when I see somebody in Sole Tech shoes they look more like they should be wanking in a library or a bus stop than riding a skateboard.

5 Likes

Ok mate.