Sandwiches

True facts right here

As a piece of food, fine (Big fan of tuna Mayo with kimchi and gherkins on some toasted sourdough)

But it’s not a sandwich.

My wife made me some incredible sandwiches the other week.
Fried cauliflower with a peanut butter mayo, a little bit of chilli and spinach.
Would highly recommend.

!¿

What kind of evil sorcery is this?

We make our own peanut butter in a shop near us, so it’s pure peanuts and absolutely delicious.
Trust me, I thought she was crazy but it’s a beautiful mix.

I’ll trust you on this but the cauliflower in the sandwich though… not sure about that.

1 Like

It was cut pretty thinly so it had a nice crispness to it once it was fried until it was golden

Grilled cauli slices are really good but in a sandwich? I’ll take your word for it

1 Like

Spicy chorizo and goat cheese.

3 Likes

Pie barm, pea wet optional.

3 Likes

It’ll make the juices run out and down your wrist instead.
Solution = eat the burger upside down.

1 Like

Not sure if its all of them but my local Tesco does a fucking massive jar of Polish pickles for £1.49 that are banging in sandwiches and burgers

This makes sense, especially as the top of the bun is usually thicker and so would take longer to go soggy, hence why sauces are on top. Also pretty sure it was McDonald’s who came up with the lettuce at the bottom rule, specifically for this reason?

I’ve been putting leftover satay Chinese takeaway in a bagel recenrly and its fucking dope. Also anyone else into a Bahn Mi? Couple places round here do em. Aubergine and roast tofu baguette. Wild

1 Like

Not strictly a planned sandwich but one of my favourite things ever is to finish off the end of a sweet chilli stir fry (or any stir fry really) by spooning it in between bread and butter… thus a sandwich.
The warm sweet chilli melting the butter slightly, mmmm.

Oh yes. I ate them way more than I should have last time I was in Aus.

I’m a big fan of mixing foods and one of the easiest ways is sandwiches.

Below is a fav,

1. Buttered Bread
  2. Chicken
  3. Crushed Wotsits
  4. Sliced Gregg’s pasty; my preference is sausage and bean as it adds some tang.
8 Likes

rS9L0_ip2OvnMjzDFpWC3zgeFgTyj8Mqk7iYM2_5Tfw

3 Likes

This is the shit I’m talking about

1 Like

Pasty sarnies with extra additions are class!!!

2 Likes