Sandwiches

Pasta in a sarnie is well Brexit.

6 Likes

I fried it on the pan!

1 Like

You need to start a YouTube channel

Too much hate on youtube I think, this is just for my taste buds, my insta mates and the forum!

1 Like

I haven’t tried smoked mackerel with pasta but I’m definitely game. Will investigate and report back.

I quite often make a pasta tuna dish but I think it’s too bleak for the forum.

Even for me it’s not the most visually appetising…

2 Likes

Rate My Plate would have a melt down with your culinary delights.

2 Likes

Haha, yeah I know! Feel like people go out of their way to make grim stuff on that for the sake of it.
I just like mixing foods I enjoy to see if they work and since I pretty much like everything they usually do. There have been some fails though, that’s for sure.

2 Likes

If the apples were properly caramelised I’d go for it and I’d probably swap the HP for branston pickle and add a creamy mayo to compliment the sweetness.

But it’s worth trying, could be nice!

Gotta say my go to for sweet and meat is pineapple or mango. Haven’t tried many other fruits raw in a sarnie.

My otherwise sane wife asked me if I wanted a tuna pickle sandwich the other day and I was briefly worried that I was married to Bish.

9 Likes

Smoked mackerel in a sarnie sounds interesting. I’d try it with a tsatsikiesque sauce, or maybe with horseradish mayo or something. Hhmmm. Or mayo with lemon juice maybe. Hhmmm.

Smoked mackerel with rocket and tartare sauce is banging

2 Likes

Jesus fucking hell

Fixed that for ya.

2 Likes

Nah nah nah.

Pasta in a sarnie is a contradiction as @anon86856945 said, yet I’ve heard about several Brits doing that. I suppose you could get death penalty if you did that on Italian territory.

Tesco used to make these sarnies which were a firm favourite of mine if I was rocking the meal deal

2 Likes

Out of date too, does it taste better that way? Our amateur taste buds need to know!

Edit: Oh they don’t make them anymore, I thought it was bought yesterday… still funny thats the date.

3 Likes

Yeah they haven’t been round for years.

1 Like

Happy anniversary to that one, for yesterday.

2 Likes

Should try some of these recipes

1 Like

Haha Kay knows the score, avid fan of those vids. Can’t tell if she’s trolling or not. Sadly I suspect not…

1 Like