Shoes

Ive got so many random pairs up in the loft. Ive definitely got some full cabs I got from Zac at Crossfire which must have been the 20 year anniversary ones.

Might have a nose round and see whats up there

Ive got some brown leather ones I got from Cates from before they got rid of the front stitching the first time

At the risk of being the Warwick of the shoe thread, is it just me that finds Half Cabs too floppy? Love how they look, have owned a few pairs, but every time I regret it after a few skates when my soles hurt and they’ve lost any sense of structure

1 Like

The “pro” version hold up a bit better but yeah they do go a bit squidgy. Not as bad as they did bitd the profile has changed too the laceholes at the front used to stick up all wired when laced up tight, the cuff was higher too.

vans always feel like the heels have sunk and they’re lower than the toe.

2 Likes

The problem here is that you’re skating too much.

4 Likes

Skated one pair of half cabs, shit.

7 Likes

Didn’t even skate my half cabs and they went as floppy as clown shoes then the soles came apart. A shame as they look rad.

same, felt like i was trying to skate in hiking boots

1 Like

The sole is 40ft thick.

1 Like

Half cabs are without a doubt my fave shoe to skate in. I’m a size down in them and stick a shoe stretcher in before to widen the toe box for my bunions but then they feel great from first skate. I can’t wait for those Reynolds ones - I’ve put 4 pairs on my pre-order form but will buy 4 more easily. Really want another white/gum colourway - hope they re-up on those again soon.

2 Likes

Halfcabs? Really? Ive worn tons of them and never once thought the soles we too thick

Loved skating half cabs for years but got a pair recently and the quality was so poor it felt like I got one skate in them before they turned into a floppy pair of Greggs pasties. I’m intrigued to see what these new Vans ‘skate’ are like, as I’ve felt that the quality of Vans over the last 5 years or so has been so poor compared to other brands.

3 Likes

I’ve gotta agree with you there @neddy. I really tried to like them, but I just couldn’t.

3 Likes

They do seem pretty thick to me. For some reason despite the extra ankle support I always rolled my ankles skating in half cabs.

1 Like

God if Half Cabs are thick I’m definitely not starting skating again

As if you were ever going to skate again anyway :wink:

3 Likes

I’ve had a couple of pairs of these bog standard ones, which you don’t seem to see around very often anymore. They always feel great to begin with and quickly become a shapeless bag with a bit of rubber on the bottom.

I’ve always heard good things about Half Cabs but have never been tempted to try them.
To me they look shapeless and rubber bottomy from new.

Sorry.:frowning:

well yeah but still

1 Like

Meanwhile…