Shoes

Oh I dunno.

2 Likes

Wonder why they didn’t take off?

DC and Osiris had a baby

There were numerous attempts to cash in on ‘skate footwear’ by UK companies in the 1970’s.

And a decade later…who can forget these bad boys?

3 Likes

To this day, I think that the Hogs were the worst shoe I’ve ever worn. Took about 2 weeks before I was forced to get some of those glue-on soles from woolies.

3 Likes

I never went the Pacer Hogs route. They did look like they sucked. I think they cost the same as Chuck Taylors so I didn’t get the appeal given the choice. Maybe it was that the Hogs team was so stacked with mad talent folks just wanted to be down :wink:.

Thise panels have been cut so badly and there’s a loose stitch. If that’s the best one they could find for the promo shot, or a sample, it makes you think how shittily made the rest were.

Laces are all twisted too ffs.

Yeah, I was really going for that “Gary Lee” look :joy:

1 Like

They fit the same pretty much… one pair felt a bit snug but then another pair were fine… just slight slight nuance. They’re solid at the start though. Really stiff round the mid-top bit and probably less board feel (I’m ok with that, always preferred a cup sole and barely pop these days). I’ve not had the vulc ever do that on a new pair… only time I had that was on a pair of authentics that I’d had for years and years so was to be expected really.

1 Like

Ok, sounds like they may not be for me. I’ve had two pairs of Vans separate at the toe-end, maybe just bad luck but it’s enough to put me off. It’s a shame because Half Cabs were part of my identity for years!

3 Likes

That’s actually some nice detailing

4 Likes

Although kids shoes they do go up to adult size 10.

Kids Trainers - Kids Running & Velcro Sneakers | Clarks

“Asda Sk8”

1 Like

Did Sketchers ever try and make a skate shoe?

Ha yeah, Brent Kronmueller in the back of every tws.
And apparently Louie Bartletta for a bit.

1 Like

Yep, and before that they were advertising their Baby Spice-looking footwear wares in skate mags anyway.

Sketchers were Dukes, Dukes were sketchers

I think Pacer Hogs ruined my feet forever.

1 Like

Was it asics that tried to get into skating for the Olympics?

Sure Puma will have another go too

I’m not mad at Clarks they look alright, probably because they’ve got a team of shoe designers instead of influencers. Imagine getting on the Clarks team and getting a sweet desert boot and Wallabee delivery in your package. I’d be all over that

3 Likes

ASICS attempt at a skate shoe -

And Puma’s C-Skate shoe

I think I’d rather skate in Wallabees.

Don’t mind those puma ones! On the other hand the ACICS are a mess