Shoes

Amazing, I remember them too, they did look nice!

These will be gone as soon as they go on sale. JJJJound stuff is pretty impossible to actually get a hold of

Eek

1 Like

One for the purists, there.

Dreadful.

They remind me of cab 5s

1 Like

Fuck it I like them

1 Like

There were some good ones in that period, the third Santos shoe which I think that model above borrows some features from was actually alright. Can’t think of too many other good ones though, was one of the Cardiel’s ok?

Yeah they weren’t too bad at all.

This is the ad for the Santos shoe I was thinking of:

Not a classic by any means but an improvement on the Varix I’d say.

holy macaroni those are really nice!!!

whats a good material of shoes for flip tricks?
currently have the emerica creature colab pillar shoes but they’re pretty destroyed now
i hear suede is good but idk

1 Like

I’m skating these, they’re very durable. Clogs or Crocs last a long time too.

But if you’re only concerned with board feel I’d go with open-toed sandals or ballet pumps.

6 Likes

I find that suede is usually best as it seems to gradually wear down rather fight against grip tape and lose quickly. Occasionally some leather shoes wear really well though.

Dude don’t worry about how long they last it just gives you an excuse to buy more shoes

4 Likes

I remember when I had no money and time to skate loads I always used to buy shoes with as much rubber as I could find as I thought they’d last longer. Not sure if they actually did.

Now I have disposable income but no time to skate.

4 Likes

haha yeah it does
shame shoes so damn expensive
ive got a pair of Nike SB Zoom Blazer Mid in the safety orange
i think they have a suede patch near the ollie area
ive found that with me practicing heelflips the rubber on the side of the shoe near the middle is getting torn pretty quickly
you can see the difference between my left and right shoe very clearly
the current pillars are leather i believe and have yet to tear open, the rubber overlay however was gone before i knew it :joy:

I might be a little bit taken with these Blazers…

1 Like

TK Maxx special if I ever saw one

4 Likes

I got them for my son and they’re really nice but ever so thinly constructed.
like a vans authentic or something. I’m guessing that’s why the reasonable price tag.

1 Like

You couldn’t skate in them more than a few times surely? They’re canvas right?