Shoes

More evidence for the argument that “velcro shoes are only for the tiniest children”. Properly rancid.

1 Like

I see Sports Direct are starting to stock Straye

1 Like

The final nail in the coffin.

Axion not far off.

Straye was never good.

I can’t say I’ve ever seen anyone in a pair of those . They must be desperate.

Derby kids skate in them because snakes has them for about £20 a pair. They look alright, just generic vulc shoes

It doesn’t know what it wants to be does it.

Can’t get past that shit logo for a start

2 Likes

If only they’d just glued a big picture of ODB’s welfare card on the side those would be flying off the shelves…oh, no, wait. Maybe not.

3 Likes

Jeeez, missed that one.

1 Like

I’m getting mad anxiety about stopping skating certain shoes and it’s making me feel weird.

Would you get anxious about skating in some of your super special keepers?

I just won’t skate those. It’s like the shoe feels like shit and I’m over it, but it’s not as fucked as when I skated when I was 20, so I feel bad swapping them over. It’s like they have feelings and I’m hurting them so fucking weird. But only with shoes, Skateboards don’t make me feel guilty. I used to feel like this about stuff when I was a kid - like if my Mum bought me a game and I didn’t play it enough I’d feel guilty.

2 Likes

My Mum used to make me jam tarts for a treat when I was a kid. I’d always eat them as I didn’t have the heart to tell her I don’t like jam tarts. Never have and never will. Forty odd years later I’ve still not told her because I don’t want to hurt her feelings.

Although, thinking about it rationally, she wouldn’t care. In fact she’d probably think it was funny and call me an idiot.

3 Likes

It’d be funnier if she said - “I’ve hated making those things all these years and only did it as I thought you loved them!!! And all this time you didn’t even like them!?!”

3 Likes

To her cooking is nothing but a chore. She’s good at it but doesn’t enjoy it at all. So you’ve probably hit the nail on the head right there.

1 Like

I finally saw some cariumas in the wild, this colorway to be exact, at my local skate park in California, now I won’t lie I did like the way they looked, seemed like the guy skating them was enjoying them, that said he was kinda of all over the place so I’m not sure how much that really says but they didn’t hurt my eyes, the logo is a little obnoxious the one thing I couldn’t fathom is the price point after seeing them in person definitely out of there minds with $89.99 I’m surprised this is my first sighting, seems around my way it’s more halfcabs

Wouldn’t kill them to make the logo black as well

wait what am I saying I don’t want these things ever

5 Likes

Black logo or little logo like some Etnies/Emericas and half the price and i’ll try them

Otherwise…no, somehting about them that don’t sit right, like some company trying to get into the skate market under the rader

Just been to the No comply exhibition and seen the Louis Viton shoes, pretty Chunky things , very late 90/2000 vibes . Wouldn’t wear them if I was minted .

1 Like