Shoes

I thought the Reynolds had a few unique design features but it looks the same to those red and white ones posted.
The ‘skate’ series has taken over from the ‘pro’ series I’m told. So there’s now vans mall halfcabs and also skate half cabs, which extra cushioning and what not.
Are all halfcabs now the same design as the Reynolds and the white and red ones? If so, it’s an improvement on the recent half cab pros, which were overly cushioned and padded out on the ankle and tounge.

Skate (top), Pro (below- sorry for the black laces as per discussion above), if anyone cares, even though no one asked.

3 Likes

And all this time I thought I was just really picky about my lace colors I’m happy you all see it the same way

Once I saw a pair of the new “skate” halfcabs at the local vans store I definitely can see some differences between the “skate” and “pro” models, seems like the changes are for the better

1 Like

Fit is even different. I’m half a size up in the Reynolds, compared to the ‘Skate’.

1 Like

Yeah I noticed that as well… I picked up the floor model (Reynolds) and it looks scaled down from the pros like almost smaller if that makes since

That extra panel really does squeeze the foot.

2 Likes

Do you have wide feet? I do and can’t wear shoes with a tight toe cap like the busenitz but didn’t feel any difference between the Reynolds and the pro halfcabs apart from the lack of excessive cushioning on the ankle (and maybe I’m imagining it, but the Reynolds feel a little thinner material wise too?)

Always a UK10 in Vans, and I didn’t pick the size of these (not that I got them from Vans) but the UK10.5 fits pretty much exactly like the UK10 do on me.
Then again I normally size up a full size in adidas, so if you don’t do that maybe it’s fine.

Why have they changed the side ollie area? seems silly and more prone to coming apart

The Reynolds version is the original Half Cab, the same panels as the Caballero.

4 Likes

That’s interesting. Is this the first time the original design is back in production in a while? I’m not a massive shoe nerd but I don’t think I’ve ever seen it before (started skating in 2000)

When the Half Cab came out on the Cabellero colourway, with duct tape around the collar, it was the OG cut but beyond that I could not tell you. One for @pillowheat.

1 Like

OG Half Cabs.

With bonus black taping for @anon90826813.

3 Likes

what absolute fuckhead laced those up?

10 Likes

Ahahahaha! Didn’t even see that. Like sending a model to a portrait shoot with a black eye.

4 Likes

Ah, weird I assumed the one panel ollie area was the OG shape.
Those burgundy and black look lovely apart from the laces as you say.

1 Like

Love the ogs, love the handmade ones even more but those are delicate now days

preventative maintenance

To be honest I’d have put black laces on these, because of the black tongue.

Yeah, the Pro series is gone and has been replaced by the Skate line.

As far as I know, the new Skate Half Cabs are like the Pros (same toe box) but with a stiffer collar and a stiffer sole too. The Reynolds and those red and white ones are special models inspired by the original Half Cab hence the 92 name or whatever they call it.

Reynolds 92 style:

Skate Half Cab:

3 Likes