Shoes

I never knew it was possible to use a scarf as a shoelace

1 Like

The classic…

2 Likes

New Half Cab colourway. I just got a pair of the Reynolds ones, have 3 or 4 other pairs of shoes that haven’t even left their box yet and I’m usually not one for red shoes but these are tempting.

2 Likes

Very patriotic!

Spotted this lazy logo today.

4 Likes

This is what I’m skating at the moment, not the colorway but same sneaker, so far still breaking them in some but overall I love them as skate shoes, getting use to the higher cut on the ankle is a little tough and wearing in the toe cap is always a pain on vans

Haha, I didn’t even realize that could be patriotic! :upside_down_face:
I suppose the logo rip-off is accidental, but who knows?

Yeah mate I skated many pairs of Half Cab Pros, currently skating one and have another one lined up after that but I pulled the trigger and got a pair of the Reynolds Skate Half Cabs as @Gconroy told me they were easier to get used to than the regular Skate ones. We’ll see. I also started skating a pair of Skate SK8 Lows (what a silly name), first pair with that new construction I skate and they seem alright, better than I heard. I walked in them for a while before skating them though.

@franc isn’t it you who refers to black/white variations of that Half Cab colourway as “penguin shoes”? I used to love colourways like that now I can’t even look at them!

Yes I do that but it’s more about those horrible Osiris and etnies that we used to see loads back in the 2000s. Red and white is less brutal. 2 tone shoes sometimes work, like those Half Cabs or even those beige/brown Ellingtons back in the day.

Penguin shoes:

Those black and white colourways do heavily run the risk of looking reminiscent of this

I bought some Axion Kareem Nuteks from a distributor’s list without seeing them. Mistake.

I got the black and white ones. The blue/white colour way in the photo’s bad enough. I’ve posted it on here before but in case you didn’t see it here’s what happened to those, (quoting myself).

‘’I wore them out the first night I had them and met a jazz saxophonist who thought they were dope and so I sold the very shoes off my feet for £50 and walked home barefoot.’’

I don’t fuck with the penguin shoes.

5 Likes

Axion, like Big Brother magazine, was 90% shit. Just that the 10% was outstanding.

1 Like

Penguin is the same in pretty much every major language, except Chinese where it’s Business Goose.

/pubquiz

5 Likes

Anyone else got an irrational hatred for black shoes with white laces and white shoes with black laces?

5 Likes

I love black shoes with white laces.

White shoes with black laces can fuck off, tho.

9 Likes

Hahahahaha love the added anger

2 Likes

The origin of pidgin, (as in Pidgin English), has nothing to do with pigeons (or shoes), but comes from the Chinese mispronunciation of the English word ‘business’.

2 Likes

Absolutely. I was quite into black shoes with black laces for really long but kinda prefer having white laces on these days. Might be a mid 90s nostalgia thing.

White shoes need white laces, goes without saying.

2 Likes

You don’t see many white/off white shoes with black soles anymore. Like those, reminds me of 1995 and train rides to Notts.

I’ve been enjoying these a lot lately.

shopping

Definitely something special about Last Resort, I thought they’d be alright but they’re really nice.

5 Likes

Screenshot_20211023-120610~2

2 Likes