Shoes

The colourway and photo of those Ishods is terrible, they’ve made them look horrendous.

I believe they’re actually good and it’s just a bad photo.

Why would you photo a shoe like that. Fuck.

It looks like a size 12 globe shoe from 2001.

2 Likes

I’m trying to like these and there’s a possibility they will grow on me but the random lace loops on the shoe aren’t helping at all and the sole has a lot going on almost too much for me

There’s a lot to take in on those Ishods. I guess the lace thing is to lock tongue in place/stability maybe, looks like my youngest kids’ Nikes with the elastic no-tie required laces.

2 Likes

People need to take pics with a clear plastic foot inside, to give the shoe shape.

I think the tongue embroidery might actually be off-centre like that. Seen a few asymmetrical Nike tongues lately. Shit.

Fully looking like a Reef or Bizo or 2-Fish shoe from 2001:

6 Likes

Air bubble screams ‘sports direct nike’

4 Likes

Looks like they had some old Nike 6.0 moulds knocking about gathering dust and decided to put them to use. Hanging.

1 Like

Axion must be lost in time stuck somewhere in the early 2000s cause all there shoes are shoes I woulda skated when I was new to skateboarding, I just can’t see a grown man let alone someone that skates for real actually wanting/skating in these, there potatoes

1 Like

The Genesis looked pretty well done in fairness but they’ve only followed that up with utter rubbish. It’s amazing to me that it’s still going.

These owners came out swinging, making it clear that it was OG shoes for the OGs, or whatever the fuck. Had Kareem shot by Atiba holding the not-Guy shoe. Then they released a canvas vulc. So it’s like they want young people to think it’s some super OG thing (although 90% of their shoes at the time were horrible and 100% of their shoes now are horrible), and don’t care what the people from the time think.

And that’s fine, what with it being a business and all, but as somebody who might be part of their target demographic, I don’t want to cosplay as myself 25 years ago. Funny how people who cared about decent shoes back then still do now, and we know that these aren’t that.

1 Like

Other than releasing it without Guy’s name on it, or even making him aware that it was happening.

The shoe itself I meant, but yeah terrible way of going about your business and it’s a shame Kareem is involved really.

1 Like

Yeah that’s the funny thing I don’t remember axion that much, I do remember seeing a few pairs towards there end back around 2009 that I thought were okay, in my mind 2008-2013 was a odd era for skate shoes so they were probably trash and it’s probably good I never tried them but as far as the og thing goes just in my mind I always go back to my first emericas or adios or some crazy stuff a teenager would wear and there’s a few pairs I would wear if they reissued them but axion just never caught my attention enough for me to even try them so when they came back It was kind of like “who is this again?” If there trying to target the og generation it’s not going well

Axion was well done before 09

2 Likes

Yeah there’s a good possibility I was looking at overstock from before there demise

these where the ones, still don’t really find them terrible but this was literally the only pair I ever really “looked” at

I think they did come back in the 2000’s. Nobody cared then either.

2 Likes

That wasn’t the real Axion either, that was the first time it got brought back. Those Manny Santiagos were in TK Maxx around 2013.

I’d say Axion was good from 1998 - 2000. Everything else after that was trying to trade off those years.

6 Likes

With Axion, it’s been through a few different owners, so I’m guessing whatever contracts Mariano, Gino, etc. would’ve signed 20 years ago over royalties would be long gone.

On a tangent, when DC rereleased the Stevie Williams moonboot from 2001 last year, was he involved? I assume he got some sort of royalty payment, but it’s not like any pro-at-the-time skater has designed a shoe. Huge difference between telling the designer what features they like and actually doing the work, like Tinker Hatfield / Michael Jordan.

2 Likes