Shoes

I’ve never once said that :lying_face:

This, 100%.

Also: “You asked me that last time I wore these!”

8 Likes

Oof!!

This is making me feel less ‘bad’ about thinking of buying a third pair this year.
(I would stick at two but the latest are Last Resorts that hurt my toes).

Oh man that’s a good one

1 Like

Just brought some back from work today. Breaking the box down and putting underneath other recycling to cover my tracks.

3 Likes

So when asked…

“Are they new shoes?”

“Yeah, and?” Isn’t the right reply? Oops.

2 Likes

This is going in my back pocket

1 Like

Nice, got an arsenal of excuses ready and waiting, thankfully the delivery man makes his rounds before she gets home so long as I get there first we’ll be set for the “na I’ve had these for a few years” knowing damn well they came out last week

“ You asked me that last time I wore these”

Just realised I’ve been getting played like a cheap violin for years on the new dresses front

13 Likes

I know guys that only buy the same colour guitars for this reason.

There are older guys on guitar forums that make a point of buying a budget entry level version of a strat and make sure the wife knows it was £130 then return it and get a £3k customshop strat in the same colour.

Each to their own.

2 Likes

Got a pair of the Lost Art NB for £40 from Parade, ones to save til Spring, or at least try to…

They fit a bit like an old Etnies white lo cut which I had years ago - cant find a decent picture although think they’re listed here as ‘Scam’ - did that name change? Sure they were called something else too

Alphonzo in a pair I think, from same Thrasher, Dec 1994

1 Like

I had a pair that lasted one session.

Here’s the mustard in them.

1 Like

Me and my son went on an expensive run of buying posh transformer toys with Rishi money through first lockdown. Wife gave me the look when obvious chinese parcels arrived (yes probabaly full of covid too)
I didn’t let her know how much they were though.
Been there with music gear too but been good for years now and now I can do what I like, if I had the money.

I had some cream/white scams. Liked them.

1 Like

Both exist(ed). They were different shoes.

1 Like

Rookie numbers.

5 Likes

Proper rookie, theres more pairs in the back of my car / not even the boot. Haha.

2 Likes

Cool I thought there was - Penny / Thomas always looked great in them

Very similar to the Nike SB Bruins.

1 Like

What did you get? My son and I have a big collection of 80s originals I had and the far better updated versions he’s amassed over the past 4 years.