Shoes

Typical new balance sizing. Slightly on the tight side. They’re snug but most people don’t need to size up on these.

1 Like

I just bought a pair of the 288, my second pair of NB’s after the westgates. I could probably have sized down a half size, they feel a tad loose, but tbh I’ve never bought a half size in my life and not sure if they even do half sizes

nb def do half sizes as for 99% of their shoes (atleast in the numeric line) the general consensus is half size up.

had multiple pairs (440, 379, couple others which numbers im forgetting), all been a half size up, infact the only reason i started skating nb’s was cus a friend of mine bought a pair in his regular size which fit too tight on him, but perfect on me as half size.

quite frankly the whole half size up shit irks the fuck out of me as it really is a guessing game when it comes to buying online. had pairs of adidas that required a full size up in the past, makes no sense.

For you. Based on your own experience.

I was a full size up in Tiagos and half a size up in Kalis.

So to conclude, people do have differently shaped feet, even when they’re the same size.

Yeah I was going to qualify my ‘Tiagos don’t size up’ comment and forgot. You’re right.

The Tiagos may fit or they may not depending on your foot shape. I would say the majority of people who have bought Tiagos from us don’t size up though.

My feet are fairly wide so rarely reach right to the end of the toe box…if you have narrow feet that poke right into the ends you might want to size up. Seems to be the usual case anyway.

There was one online store, in the UK I think, that had a shoe comparison thing, so if you knew you were an 8 in an AM1, it would translate to be an 8.5 in whatever shoe you wanted to try out.

Can’t for the life of me remember what store it was, was quite handy.

2 Likes

Thanks for that.

1 Like

I got 3 pairs of the NB 420s in UK 10/44.5 and 2 were fine, the third, still boxed, is a little tight. Might loosen up with use though. NB Westgates were TTS, but as they were suede compared the synthetic build of the 420s, fuck knows.

People being different is so messy. And selfish.

People are the worst kind of people on this planet.

8 Likes

Especially people with feet that are the wrong size.

I’m so jealous of people with size 8 feet. Sample size wankers.

2 Likes

That’s me. Best thing I ever did having size 8 feet.

3 Likes

Maybe you should think about those who never ended up as size 8.

Just put yourself in our shoes for a minute.

It hurts, doesn’t it?

6 Likes

Unless they have massive clown feet.

My NB Westgates fit perfectly TTS, but my NB running shoes absolutely kill me if I run any further than 2-3k in them, to the point of actually drawing blood. They’re fine(not perfect, but tolerable) to wear to walk in or for in the gym, but anything more strenuous than that they’re shite. Having said that I think a half size up might be slightly too big, just to make it even more confusing.

Edit: Size 8 on the nose usually.

I wonder if you just buy a dunk clone on wish or ali express and try to flog is for that much?

i remember looking up adio a year or two back and the name (or atleast branding) had been bought by some random company and they too were selling ripoff dunks, cant seem to find them anymore

nvm i was wrong, ex adio employees started a new brand named “cali strong” and proceeded to rip off dunks and other shoes

Uh, what

2 Likes

You tell a company is total shit when they offer a dunk knock off and a Vulc knockoff that looks like every other typical vulc design, loads of originality with this brand

Tiagos arrive this morning. Don’t think I’ve been this chuffed with shoes straight out the box ever. Proper dreamy kicks.

3 Likes